The University of South Carolina Beaufort is a small, public university with just over 1,750 students from around the world. With its heritage dating back to Beaufort College in the late 1700s, USCB continues to play a large role in the powerful futures of our students, faculty and staff, and communities we serve throughout the Low country.
USCB is a dynamic and vibrant academic community that serves the Lowcountry and beyond.
Led by Chancellor Al M. Panu, the University has two campuses situated in the heart of the Lowcountry—the Hilton Head Gateway campus in Bluffton, S.C., and the Historic Beaufort campus in Beaufort, S.C. These two campuses bring powerful futures to life through:
• 30 academic programs and majors that incorporate exceptional instruction, extensive hands-on learning, and leading-edge resources and technology.
• A location in proximity to world-class resorts at Hilton Head Island, the historically rich artistic setting in Beaufort, and much more to elevate hands-on learning.
• A student-to-faculty ratio of 17:1 that delivers a highly individualized learning environment.
• Leading educational opportunities at a truly affordable price, since USCB is known as the most affordable four-year institution in the state of South Carolina.
• Research opportunities in state-of-the art laboratories, a Student Research and Scholarship Day, and the ability to present research nationally and publish in nationally respected journals.
Discover Our Two Campuses
The University of South Carolina Beaufort is the fastest growing four-year institution in South Carolina. From scenic views to state-of-the-art facilities, small class sizes to vibrant campus living, explore your powerful future at one of USCB’s two campuses—Hilton Head Gateway and Historic Beaufort.
Hilton Head Gateway - Main Campus
The Hilton Head Gateway campus in Bluffton, S.C., is the University of South Carolina’s newest location just a short drive from Hilton Head Island, which offers world-class learning opportunities from biology research to interning at world class resorts.
Our 200-acre, newly constructed campus features all of the amenities and facilities needed for college life. Palmetto Village, Hilton Head Gateway’s campus housing, features seven fully furnished, suite-style residence halls featuring common living areas, and kitchens in each room.
The 26,000-square-foot Campus Center also features a bookstore, dining hall, multipurpose room, student meeting space, and a student lounge.
Historic Beaufort Campus
The Historic Beaufort campus sits on the Intracoastal Waterway in downtown Beaufort, S.C., where you can live and study close to artsy shops, restaurants, and the waterfront—all in a historically rich town with so much to offer.
With a history dating back to 1795, this campus features a Center for the Arts that hosts exhibits, concerts, theatrical events, and other performances—all in a historic, scenic, and vibrant community. Students can also live on campus at the Grace White House, a newly renovated residence hall that has a full-sized kitchen, bedrooms, and in-house laundry.
Beginnings bring opportunities, and USCB is at the beginning of programs, customs and traditions. It's an exciting time at an exceptional place.
This school offers programs in: