Why Study at UIC Did you know? 50+ languages are spoken on campus. No matter where you’re from, you’ll feel at home at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Here are just some of the reasons why international students like you choose UIC. Chicago: Life in the fast-paced city Looking for excitement? Chicago is the third largest U.S. city, full of American culture, international food, and professional opportunities.
- Nearly 3 million people live in Chicago.
- Ranked #7 in the 2014 Global Cities Index.
- Home to more than 7,000 restaurants, 550 parks, and 200 museums.
- International center for technology, finance, business and more.
- O’Hare International Airport is the second busiest in the world.
- Located in the middle of the U.S., for easy travel around the country.
Academics: UIC is the smart choice UIC is the only public research university in the city. From the classroom to the lab, you’ll have every opportunity to learn, innovate and succeed.
- Ranked one of the top 250 universities in the world.*
- Innovative research in computer science, bioengineering, education and more.
- 17:1 student-to-faculty ratio, for smaller class sizes.
- 29,000 students, including undergraduate, graduate and professionals.
- 84 undergraduate degrees to choose from.
- A UIC degree has a value of nearly $400,000 USD over 20 years.
Campus: Student life worth living A modern campus in a thrilling city. Hundreds of student clubs and organizations. Convenient transportation around campus and Chicago. This is UIC.
- Named one of the most diverse campuses in the U.S.
- Fun events, including cultural fairs, concerts, and festivals.
- Urban yet green, with 5,000+ trees and 800 bike racks on campus.
- 20 top-tier Division I sports programs for men and women.
- 25 recreation leagues, from sports to martial arts to dance.
- Free evening transportation service around campus.
84 degrees, including the one for you At UIC, you can major in anything from accounting to chemistry to public health. Whatever you study, you’ll do it at one of the top universities in the U.S.
This school offers programs in: