Toccoa Falls College is a Christ-centered educational institution that prepares men and women for vocational and professional occupations. The college is located in the foothills of the northeast Georgia mountains. TFC currently offers 29 majors and 39 minors within three schools: Professional Studies, Arts and Sciences, and Christian Ministries. Graduates serve throughout the United States and around the world fulfilling the dream of founder Dr. R. A. Forrest, who said: "The sun never sets on the graduates of Toccoa Falls College."
The mission of Toccoa Falls College is to glorify God through seeking and developing Christian servant leaders who will impact their world with the love and message of Jesus Christ.
Toccoa Falls College is an educational institution, a character-building enterprise, and a spiritual formation community, all integrated into a unique way of life. Its primary purpose is to glorify God through offering residential programs that prepare men and women for lives of personal fulfillment and Christian servant leadership to the church and the world. It also seeks to glorify God through offering non-residential Christ-centered programs to the community at large.
- Spiritual: to orient, motivate, and lead students to emotional maturity, Christian commitment, and spiritual depth
- Academic: to provide an understanding of the Bible as the basis for Christian life and thought within the context of the college statement of faith, and to introduce students to the cumulative knowledge of the ages
- Intellectual: to stimulate students to develop inquisitive and creative minds that possess tools for critical analysis, and to motivate them for continuing intellectual pursuits
- Moral: to provide the atmosphere, motivation, and support system for developing Biblically based lifestyles of wholesome attitudes and ethical principles
- Professional: to produce graduates competent for Christian service to humanity in the areas of their individual choices
Toccoa Falls College will be known as a premier Christian college that uniquely integrates biblical truth, academic excellence and intentional spiritual formation within a caring Christian community.
TFC Statement of Faith
Toccoa Falls College shall teach and defend the historic and basic doctrines of evangelical Christianity such as:
- The verbal inspiration of the Holy Scriptures as originally given;
- The existence and manifestation of one God in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
- The incarnation and virgin birth of the Son of God;
- The redemption of man by the vicarious death of Christ on the cross;
- The bodily resurrection from the grave;
- The fact that all men have sinned and consequently must be regenerated by the working of God’s grace;
- Justification by faith;
- The sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit in the believer, producing holiness of life and power for service;
- Practical faith in the sufficiency of Christ for spiritual, temporal and physical needs;
- The purifying hope of the Lord’s imminent return; and
- The urgency of preaching the gospel to all mankind, that men may be saved from eternal judgment.
- The said college, even though non-sectarian, is to be conducted according to the faith and teaching of the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
Note: The Statement of Faith cannot be changed or amended as per the constitution. The Board of Trustees adopted a statement in October 1999 that it is understood that the said college would be conducted according to the faith and teaching of the Christian and Missionary Alliance as they were in 1955.
At Toccoa Falls College we have had the same mission since 1907. That mission is simple. Our mission is: Developing character with intellect. When we talk about developing character we are speaking about developing Godly character. In order to provide our college community with some guidance for the development of Godly character, we use four cornerstones that include: Scripture: We believe that the Bible is the inerrant, authoritative word of God. As such, the Bible provides all the direction we need to develop Godly character. Truth: We believe that there are absolute truths revealed by God. In spite of competing worldviews in our culture today, we understand that God’s absolute truths will always withstand the test of time. Wisdom: We understand that the amassing of facts can be pointless without the integration of knowledge and Biblical understanding. We also realize the importance of seeking God’s wisdom over human wisdom. True understanding comes from God. Service: We clearly understand the Bible makes it clear that we are to serve others both locally and globally. Our students, faculty, and staff serve our local community, region, state, nation, and support folks in countries all around the globe.
This school offers programs in: