The University of Primorska has a short history, but it does not lack the determination to grow and strive for excellence. The establishment of the University of Primorska in 2003 enabled an autonomous academic route that intellectuals and the wider coastal community had longed for since the post-war years.
The mission of the University of Primorska is to carry out education and scientific research in a professional and artistic manner and to bear the responsibility for the balanced development of Slovenia in the region, Europe and globally. Its activities are in line with the national programme for higher education, national research and development programme, strategic documents of the Republic of Slovenia and guidelines for the development of a common European higher education and research area with a particular emphasis on the Mediterranean region.
The core values of the University of Primorska arise from the University's integration into the national area situated at the crossroads of historical, cultural, linguistic and global paths and its complete extroversion towards the world:
- Freedom The University creates an environment in which the greatest achievements of human creativity and freedom of expression are exercised independently of capital, political, state and religious pressures.
- Responsibility The University carries out its mission with the highest level of social responsibility in line with ethical principles.
- Diversity The University is a place of harmony between lecturers, researchers, students and other experts that nourish the diversity as an imperative for the growth of each member of the academic community.
- Extroversion The University is extroverted towards the national and international academic and wider social community.
- Excellence The University achieves excellence by making that a standard for all its activities.
Studies at the University of Primorska are organised at 6 faculties, the Faculty of Humanities, the Faculty of Management, the Faculty of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Information Technologies, the Faculty of Education, the Faculty of Tourism Studies - Turistica and the Faculty of Health Sciences. The University of Primorska is being attended by more than 6000 students. Faculties of the University of Primorska offer high-quality, diverse and content attractive studies.
- Humanities and arts (Philosophy, History, Archaeology, Cultural heritage, Slovenian, Italian, Translation, Media studies)
- Educational Sciences and Teacher Education
- Social Sciences (Anthropology, (Inter)cultural studies, Geography, Management (Economy, Business and Organisational sciences, Law))
- Mathematics and Financial Mathematics
- Computer science and informatics
- Natural Sciences (Biodiversity, Nature conservation, Bioinformatics, Biopsychology)
- Agriculture (Mediterranean agriculture)
- Healthcare (Health care and nursing, Dietetics, Applied kinesiology)
- Tourism (Sustainable planning of tourist destination development, Hospitality management, Development and marketing of tourism services, Management and entrepreneurship in tourism, Cultural tourism and cultural heritage)
Scientific research activity at the University of Primorska is carried out at all faculties and at two research institutes, which is unique in the Slovenian university area. The research work is undertaken within national research programmes, basic and applied projects and targeted research programmes; at the international level, the research work is undertaken within bilateral cooperation and in the context of European and other international programmes or projects. The main focus is on transferring knowledge in the environment; therefore the University of Primorska closely cooperates with the wider environment and the economy.
The University has 16 registered research groups with more than 500 researchers. Research and development work is implemented in the following areas: social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, technical sciences, medical sciences, biotechnical sciences and interdisciplinary research.
UNIVERSITY OF PRIMORSKA, FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
- Titov trg 5, 6000 Koper, Slovenia
- Tel. +386 (0)5 66 37 740
- Faks: +386 (0)5 66 37 742
UNIVERSITY OF PRIMORSKA, FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT
- Cankarjeva 5, 6001 Koper, Slovenia
- Tel. +386 (0)5 61 02 000
- Faks: +386 (0)5 61 02 015
UNIVERSITY OF PRIMORSKA, FACULTY OF MATHEMATICS, NATURAL SCIENCES AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
- Glagoljaška 8, 6000 Koper, Slovenia
- Tel. +386 (0)5 61 17 570
- Faks: +386 (0)5 61 17 571
UNIVERSITY OF PRIMORSKA, FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Cankarjeva 5, 6000 Koper, Slovenia
- Tel. +386 (0)5 66 31 260
- Faks: +386 (0)5 66 31 268
FACULTY OF TOURISM STUDIES – TURISTICA
- Obala 11a, 6320 Portorož, Slovenia
- Tel. +386 (0)5 61 77 000
- Faks: +386 (0)5 61 77 022
UNIVERSITY OF PRIMORSKA, FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
- Polje 42, 6310 Izola, Slovenia
- Tel. +386 (0)5 66 26 460
- Faks: +386 (0)5 66 26 480
UNIVERSITY OF PRIMORSKA, SCIENCE AND RESEARCH CENTRE
- Garibaldijeva 1, 6000 Koper, Slovenia
- Tel. +386 (0)5 66 37 700
- Faks: +386 (0)5 66 37 710
UNIVERSITY OF PRIMORSKA, ANDREJ MARUŠIČ INSTITUTE
- Muzejski trg 2, 6000 Koper, Slovenia
- Tel. +386 (0)5 61 17 591
- Faks: + 386 (0)5 61 17 592
UNIVERSITY OF PRIMORSKA, UNIVERSITY LIBRARY
- Titov trg 5, 6000 Koper, Slovenia
- Tel. + 386 (0)5 61 17 566
- Faks: + 386 (0)5 61 17 530
UNIVERSITY OF PRIMORSKA, STUDENT RESIDENCES
- Ankaranska 7, 6000 Koper, Slovenia
- Tel. +386 (0)5 61 17 507
- Faks: +386 (0)5 61 17 531
This school offers programs in: