Collegium Da Vinci is the academic successor of the School of Humanities and Journalism which up until the end of 2014 has promoted some 12,000 graduates. It is now undergoing a process of rebranding scheduled to be completed in 2015. We are changing for you!
Why the change?
„He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast” – Leonardo Da Vinci.
Collegium Da Vinci is the modern type of university which serves as a career-accelerator facilitating the road from being a student to being a man (or woman) of business.
Collegium Da Vinci values revolve around the legacy of one of the greatest minds that has ever lived. Our students create and represent the ideal fusion of knowledge with practice, according to Leonardo’s message. In the modern world where innovation empowers change we like to think of our Collegium Da Vinci as a StartUp! Opportunity for people of all ages. We believe that only constant testing of our skills and strengths against the dynamically changing environment, gives us an opportunity to succeed.
We remain proud of our university’s achievements over the last two decades. We continue to stand out as the oldest private university in the Wielkopolska region. Our years of expertise in teaching people of all ages, traditions, qualified staff, and modern facilities make our degree diplomas a valuable asset in the eyes of employers around Poland and beyond.
Leonardo Da Vinci was an acclaimed engineer, inventor, artist and a keen observer of the environment. He was renowned for his ability to combine theoretical sciences with engineering practice. All of us at Collegium Da Vinci also strive to transform ideas into real and tangible shapes.
The key message we put across to our future students and later graduates is: Become Masters of Practice and make a difference in your lives!
The Collegium Da Vinci in Poznań, Poland (CDV) is the oldest private university in Poznań. Throughout the first 20 years of existence on the Higher Education map of Poland it was attracting some 1,500 students each year. Now, as it has undergone a rebranding process to better fill the needs of our dynamically changing job market, Collegium Da Vinci has been proudly established its position in the university sector with a unique range of study at B.A, M.A. and Postgraduate Diploma level.
CDV program offer is closely interconnected with relevant institutions and companies in Poland and abroad, to create a practical curriculum, based on economic forecasts and the development of the job market in the world. That is why CDV places such an emphasis on practical classes led by valued professionals and potential future employers. CDV Flexible Study Paths give our students opportunities to combine their professional and family commitments.
In short, Collegium Da Vinci offers:
- Joint projects with companies such as IBM, Microsoft or International Coach Federation: free training and engaging projects, relevant international certificates.
- A modern building, fully equipped teaching rooms, comprehensive sport facilities – all this in a pleasing environment set in contemporary art.
- Part of the programs is run in the form of online lectures and e-learning. This means that you can take active part in classes without leaving your home.
At Collegium Da Vinci you are not likely to meet any theoreticians, nor heads stuck in the clouds. You will not have to engage in theory and abstract discussion.
What are we proposing in exchange?
- We offer a program of studies consulted with recognized specialists in a given field.
- Joint projects with a choice of over 80 companies: opportunities to complete some in-company training and internships, as well as a project relevant to your studies.
- Over 250 practicals every year.
- Certificates and certifications that attest to your gained skills and experience.
- Hundreds of hours of practical classes with business professionals.
- Virtual Job Fairs that allow you to take up work during your studies.
- Support from the Academic Entrepreneurship Incubator at CDV.
At present CDV is collaborating with over 80 companies in fields such as IT, Social Media, Human Resource Management, Graphic Arts, Marketing and Advertising, Public Relations, as well as with public offices, foundations, schools and kindergartens, galleries and theatres. Thanks to the partnership with IBM, our students can take part in free training and gain the IBM DB2 Academic Associate certificate. Our partnership with the largest world-wide coaching organization International Coach Federation is an opportunity to gain free entry for ICF meetings and the opportunity to apply for ICF Certification.
Student mentoring program
At CDV all prospective international students go through an Orientation Program which during their stay in Poznań, transforms into a mentoring program, which includes:
- Helping to adapt to changed cultural and social environment
- Providing counseling to students who need help with everyday interactions with fellow students, staff members or inhabitants of Poznań
- Guiding through the process of legalizing your stay in Poland
- Making sure the student understands public transportation system in the City
- Securing student’s official bank account services, medical services, insurance and first-aid
- Getting the student acquainted with places of culture, worship, sports and leisure in the City of Poznan and the region of Wielkopolska
- Providing tutors for particular subjects and tandem-partners for language skills improvement
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This school offers programs in: