Zemaitija College (hereinafter – College) is a state institution of higher education of the Republic of Lithuania which provides college studies, develops applied scientific researchers and artistic activities. The founder of the College is the government of the Republic of Lithuania. The College is a public legal body. Considering the needs of the state and labour market the College trains the specialists-practitioners of social, technological, biomedicine and art areas who are able to work individually according to their professional qualification. The College develops applied scientific and advisory activities. In achieving its aims, the College works under the principles of democracy, universal education of a personality and integration into Lithuanian and foreign academic community. The College supports and implements the lifelong learning principles, provides conditions for continuous education, adult training according to personal needs and choices; develops the legal, economical, esthetical, and informational culture education of the society. There are three faculties in the College currently: the Faculty of Rietavas, the Faculty of Telsiai and the Faculty of Mazeikiai.
TAKE A VIRTUAL TOUR
The mission of Zemaitija College:
- Training specialists practicians able to work on their own in the fields of education, culture and economy;
- Creating conditions for acquirement of higher education and professional qualification that satisfy the demands and level of Lithuanian economy, science and new technologies;
- Developing applied scientific activities and researches appropriate regionally, advising local government and economy subjects;
- Laying conditions for life-long learning, assistance in up-skilling personal professional qualifications and re-skilling;
- Upbringing the society open to education and culture, able to work under conditions of rapid technological changes.
This school offers programs in: