The SAE Institute was founded in 1976 and since then has developed into the world's largest private education provider in the sector of media production with 53 locations in 28 countries. The curricula are carefully prepared and consistently updated in consultation with leading industry practitioners to meet the needs of the global creative media industry.
With a strong tradition of practical application and recognition within the industry, the SAE Institute offers an extensive portfolio of creative media areas (audio engineering, digital film production, game art animation, game programming, music business, web design & development and cross media production). A Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Science degree can be achieved in the fast-track degree in only two years.
There are two master courses (MA / MSc) available. The Bachelor and Master programs are offered in collaboration with the renowned and state-recognized Middlesex University in London and the Folkwang University in Essen. The SAE Institute has a network of six continents with locations in creative and media centers, including London, Berlin, Munich, Paris, Barcelona, Amsterdam, New York, Los Angeles, Bangkok, Sydney, Cape Town and many more.
SAE Online is the online campus of the SAE Institute on the World Wide Web, offering a growing selection of online courses and qualifications, from short courses to master's degrees, validated by the Middlesex University. The experience from nearly 40 years of institute history flows into what we believe is the best and most flexible online education platform. With SAE Online, SAE Institute provides access to courses, trainings and courses in SAE quality.
The SAE Alumni Association is the network for SAE graduates and students who aim to provide them with an alumni experience and a varied program of resources, events and communications as well as an active job placement, to maintain contact among them and to continue to involve them in the SAE Institute.
The SAE Alumni Convention is a free networking event for all persons with an interest in creative media development and technology. The annual event brings together peers of the same spirit and ensures the exchange of knowledge and networking in the creative media industry.
The SAE magazine is the magazine of the SAE Institute and the SAE Alumni Association. Originally it appeared in printed form, but will be published in digital form from 2014 on the Internet.
Values & Vision
We are the world's leading instructors for people in the creative media industry.
- We offer specialized courses for professional and academic continuing education worldwide and inspire and encourage our graduates.
- In our courses we place emphasis on the practical experience, the needs of our students and the credibility that we enjoy in the industry.
- Our students have access to state-of-the-art know-how and use the excellent facilities to improve their skills.
- We are networked at a global level and are regarded as a professional community of creative minds in the media sector.
- We deliver top performance in academic and student related services.
- We believe in our goals and are convinced to achieve them.
- We rely on teamwork and collective progress.
- We are going new ways, with aspiration and with passion.
- We create trust through competence and constant improvement.
- We work professionally and act authentically.
- We respect the environment and respect our fellow human beings.
ABOUT THE CAMPUS
The Leipzig campus offers an ideal environment for students. Already since 2004, in the best downtown location in an Art Nouveau building full of charm can be learned and studied practically.
In the middle of the city, in close proximity to the world-famous Thomaskirche, the campus is located in a charming building from the Wilhelminian era
Strong networking with the medium-sized media industry
On three floors in the modern campus several sound studios, filmuiten and numerous workstations are available
For musicians and actors who would like to contribute to the exercises of our students, we have set up an artist registration here.
* These may include: Bandrecordings, Music Video, Short Film, Documentary.
This school offers programs in: