DIU Libertas International University is the first Croatian private university. Following the ancient tradition of Dubrovnik, the founders of DIU Libertas have designed its study programs as a modern version of diplomacy, international relations, international business, and economics. Since its beginnings, the university has been focused on educating young experts in the fields of international relations and diplomacy, and international business and economics. Due to its commitment and an outstanding staff selection, and by adopting the most up-to-date forms and methods of teaching, the university educates professionals who are ready to take the leading roles in the globalized world. At DIU Libertas classes are taught in small groups, and knowledge is acquired through an active approach to relevant topics. Students are equal participants in the process of education and not merely passive observers that reproduce other people's knowledge and ideas. Teamwork is emphasized, but at the same time, special attention is paid to an individualized approach to every student, his or her intellectual needs, and affinities. Debates, problem-solving, and simulations of real diplomatic or business problems are what makes the classrooms at DIU Libertas different, and what attracts more and more Croatian as well as foreign students. DIU Libertas diploma is a passport that allows its students to continue their studies at any of European or the world universities. DIU Libertas alumni are successful people who either continue their studies abroad or work for world-renowned organizations. The biggest strength of DIU Libertas is its distinguished professors who possess outstanding academic and professional experience. DIU Libertas team of renowned international scholars includes professors that have taught or are currently teaching at Harvard University, Princeton University, Georgetown University, London School of Economics, Sorbonne University, New York University, Virginia School of Law, and other leading institutions of higher education in Europe, the United States and other parts of the world. Besides, it includes present and former Ambassadors, Ministers, economists, executive directors, experts in international law, military generals, artistic directors, representatives to the UN, OSCE, and IMF, and other prominent international institutions. This combination of academic excellence and real-world experience ensures that our study programs balance the theoretical with the practical.
DIU Libertas International University is an independent institution founded under the auspices of The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations, aiming at providing top quality education to students at all study levels. The mission of DIU Libertas:
- to ensure top quality education in international relations and diplomacy, international business and economics, theatre, and health science;
- to provide an individualized approach, encourage independent work and research, and develop analytical and critical thinking skills necessary for success in today's world;
- to carry out scientific research and projects on current global political and economic issues;
- to organize international workshops, symposiums, and conferences in the field of international relations and diplomacy, and international business and economics;
- to organize events that promote positive values such as world peace and cross-cultural dialogue;
- to educate young leaders in an environment that encourages dialogue and respect for differences, and mutual solidarity.
This school offers programs in: