Lancaster University College at Beijing Jiaotong University
Lancaster University College at Beijing Jiaotong University offers degree programmes to both Chinese and international students.
Lancaster University College at Beijing Jiaotong University is a joint institute, established in partnership by Beijing Jiaotong University (BJTU) in China and Lancaster University in the UK.
The campus is located near Weihai, Shandong province, on the east coast of China between Beijing and Shanghai.
Our courses are taught by Lancaster University and BJTU academics. Graduates will receive a qualification from both universities, as well as a joint academic transcript.
Teaching and Learning
At Lancaster University College, Beijing Jiaotong University (LUC at BJTU) we ensure students are actively engaged in the learning process, we encourage working in teams and taking the earliest opportunity to explore different research approaches.
Our learning and teaching style ensures that LUC at BJTU graduates are equipped for the demands of employment, on an international scale, by helping students develop those skills needed for employment later. We encourage independent and self-directed learning and show students how to apply the knowledge they learn.
Students at LUC at BJTU can expect to:
- Develop critical thinking skills in a task-based learning environment
- Engage in tasks which are designed to help build problem-solving skills
- Challenge ideas by exploring a variety of academic perspectives
- Work on group projects to develop the skills needed to work in teams
- Analyse and evaluate information from a variety of different sources
- Pursue research through a variety of approaches
- The overall aim is to enable students to become life-long reflective learners.
During your degree, you will be taught by experts and researchers from both partner universities.
You will study in English and alongside your academic coursework, you will benefit from our specially designed English language and study skills modules.
LUC-BJTU students will also have the chance to spend some of their time studying in Beijing or at Lancaster University in the UK, and our graduates will be eligible for LU Alumni Scholarships for further postgraduate study at Lancaster University.
Where is Weihai?
Located in the east end of Shandong Province, Weihai stands on the coast between Beijing and Shanghai, close to the Korean Peninsula and across the sea from the Japanese Archipelago.
Dubbed 'Garden City' in China, the coastal city of Weihai is famous for its excellent air quality, temperate climate, lush forests and picturesque islands. Its nearby islands, hot spring, beach resort, and other attractions mean that there are plenty of places to visit.
Weihai has about 2.8 million population and seven higher education institutions. It is an economically developed city with many large state-owned and private enterprises. Weihai, China and Incheon, South Korea are the demonstration area for local economic cooperation of China Korea Free Trade Area.
- Famous international enterprises in Weihai: Samsung Electronics (Shandong) Digital Printers Ltd., Weihai Daewoo Electronics Co., Ltd., ITOCHU Corporation, Howden Products & Services, Mitsubishi Electric, Lotte, Invensys
- Famous Chinese enterprises in Weihai: Wego Group, Triangle Group, Jinhou Group, Weihai Guangtai, Haima Carpet, Shandong Weida Group, Dishang Group, Jiajiayue Group, Beiyang Group, Disha Pharmaceutical Group
Where will I be based?
Our campus is on the south coast of the Shandong Peninsula. It has all the facilities you need, with purpose-built accommodation, sports, shopping and dining facilities.
It is approximately one hour from Weihai city centre, and 40 minutes from Weihai airport.
On campus, we have invested in the resources you need to complete your degree, with a well-stocked library and modern classrooms and teaching spaces.