The Academy of Design Australia is a government-approved degree-awarding higher education institution educating students to become adaptable and creative thinkers who are capable of becoming highly successful communication design, fashion & costume design, filmmaking & photography, graphic & digital design, interior design and visual arts professionals. The Academy aims to develop industry leaders and offers high-quality courses and programs, developed in consultation with leading specialists in creative education.
Our Mission, Goals, and Objectives
The Academy of Design’s mission is to offer a high-quality alternative to existing tertiary education in the Arts in universities. In realizing this mission, our goals are to:
- build the distinctive character of the Academy, and
- enhance our national and international reputation for academic excellence and leadership.
We intend to build the distinctive character of the Academy by:
- offering innovative specialist undergraduate and postgraduate programs relevant to the needs of graduates and industry
- encouraging students seeking a career in the Arts to access programs through multiple pathways
- creating a supportive learning environment by the provision of appropriate student support services.
We intend to enhance our national and international reputation for academic excellence and leadership by:
- developing knowledge and skills in students which foster their creativity and innovation
- promoting a global perspective among students and building their determination to strive for international recognition and excellence
- embedding nationally and internationally marketable skills within the curriculum
- attracting and retaining high-quality teaching staff
- encouraging scholarship in teaching.
This school offers programs in: