The Departmental Institute of Fine Arts adopts the following objectives:
• Develop and strengthen educational plans and programs aimed at training artists with high levels of professional performance.
• Strengthen integration into regional, national, and world social and artistic contexts.
• Stimulate artistic creation in accordance with aesthetic, scientific, and technological developments.
• Promote research in the arts as a dynamic element of artistic and pedagogical knowledge that allows articulation of the academic community with the State, society, the cultural and artistic sector, and the productive sector in favor of the socio-cultural development of the region.
• Guarantee appropriate policies for the consolidation of ethical and aesthetic values that reaffirm the educational community's commitment to society for the development of an integral human being.
• Promote actions conducive to the reconstruction, research, and dissemination of institutional and regional historical memory, as a support to our cultural identity.
• Contribute to the improvement of the quality of life through the execution of educational and artistic projects.
• Promote the culture of self-evaluation in such a way as to guarantee the excellence of all institutional processes.