BFA Honors in Media Arts
York University - School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design
CAD 7,037 / per year *
Earliest start date
* Domestic fees: $7,037. International fees: $32,416. Full-time tuition
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
Cinema & Media Arts
Learn to understand, think, and create in the language of the moving image across all media. From idea to screenplay, camera to screen, screen to critical inquiry, AMPD’s Department of Cinema and Media Arts offers exceptional theoretical and hands-on training across the evolving spectrums of cinema and media.
Top 6 reasons to apply
- Fifty years of renowned leadership in filmmaking and cinema scholarship;
- Four acclaimed degrees, giving you the opportunity to find the right program to fit your interests and goals;
- World-class facilities, including AMPD’s professional sound stage at Cinespace Film Studios;
- Small class sizes and hands-on experience;
- Professional placement and internship opportunities in the film, television, and media industries;
- Guest lectures & workshops by industry insiders and leading film scholars.
We experience stories through a diversity of media platforms that are constantly evolving. In this ecology of media, we simultaneously become viewers, users, players, and participants. This innovative program combines current and future forms of digital experience and content creation with critical, curatorial, and applied studies in media culture. Your BFA in Media Arts will offer you a broad, expansive view of media practices including interactive, immersive, and mobile media, gaming, augmented and virtual reality, interactive cinema, social media, sound arts, and artificial intelligence storytelling. As a creator in the BFA in Media Arts, you will use new camera systems, game engines, interactive environments, and social platforms to build a narrative and experimental content and experiences.
- Immerse yourself in Cinema & Media Arts at AMPD;
- Masterclasses with renowned visiting artists and theorists;
- Access to state-of-the-art technologies that are defining new directions in screen art;
- Make work in virtual and augmented reality using game engines;
- Outstanding access to Media Professionals and creative industries;
- Field placement opportunities;
- An opportunity to develop your creative vision through diverse media.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.