BA in Religion Wartburg College
Students in religion and philosophy are prepared for many paths, including seminary, graduate work in religion, church-related vocations, community leadership, and advanced study in another field. Our graduates are equipped to bring greater meaning and purpose to any profession with enhanced ethical and analytical skills and widening perspectives.
Field experiences and internships in congregations, camps, nursing homes, social ministry organizations, and nonprofit service agencies offer academic credit.
Undergraduate research experiences in religion and philosophy can lead to conference presentations and publications.
May Term courses led by religion faculty travel to Turkey, Israel, Palestine, Japan, and Germany, and you may also choose to take advantage of engaged learning experiences in Denver, Colorado, at Wartburg West.
Theta Alpha Kappa
Theta Alpha Kappa is a national honor society for theology and religious studies. Founded in 1976 at Manhattan College in Riverdale (the Bronx) New York, Theta Alpha Kappa is the only national honor society serving the needs of those involved in the study of religion and/or theology at both the baccalaureate and post-baccalaureate levels of higher education. Honoring excellence in these academic fields is its primary purpose, and it currently hosts over 200 local chapters throughout the United States at institutions both large and small, public and private. Membership is open to students of any major. However, undergraduate students must have:
- completed at least three semesters (or five quarters) at an institution having a local chapter in good standing,
- completed a minimum of twelve (12) semester credits (or eighteen quarter credits) in courses representing Religious Studies or Theological Studies,
- attained a grade point average of at least 3.5 (B+) in such courses,
- attained at least a 3.0 grade point average (or B) in their total academic program to date, and
- been ranked in at least the upper 35% of their class in general scholarship at the time of induction.
Philosophical and Literary Society
Open to all students interested in issues associated with philosophy and literature.
Spiritual Life & Campus Ministry
Includes numerous programs including worship, outreach, drama, publication, and music groups.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.