Bachelor in Financial and Accounting Advisory
VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
Ostrava, Czech Republic
CZK 50,000 / per semester **
Request info *
Earliest start date
* English 1st round: 01. 12. 2023 - 31. 03. 2024, Czech 1st round: 01. 11. 2023 - 28. 02. 2024
** tuition fee is 4000 EUR per academic year, payable at the beginning of each academic year. It is non-refundable
Are you interested in how financial markets work, helping reach financial goals, or enjoy problem-solving with math and statistics? The VSB-TUO professional bachelor’s degree program Financial and Accounting Advisory is an affordable way to prepare for a career in financial consulting, investment portfolio management, financial reporting, company financial management, accounting, taxation, and investment banking.
Learn how to analyze an organization’s financial data and make strategic recommendations that support its growth. You will achieve a more sophisticated view of how the tools of modern finance can be used to evaluate investment opportunities, make capital structure and capital management decisions, and drive organizational value. This program focuses on the application of skills and knowledge in traditional finance practice as well as emerging trends and technologies. Moreover, our curriculum adheres to rigorous standards set by globally recognized professional associations such as the Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
- Faculty: Faculty of Economics
- Type of Study: Bachelor
- Language of instruction: English
- Code of the program: B0412EKF015
- Title of the program: Financial and Accounting Advisory
- The regular period of the study: 3 years
- Cost: 50,000 CZK per semester
- Coordinating department: Department of Finance
- Coordinator: Ing. Petr Gurný, Ph.D.
The goal of the professionally oriented bachelor's study program Financial and Accounting Advisory is to prepare qualified and practically oriented experts of international level who will be able to perform specialized work in the field of investment management, creation of investment portfolios, financial analysis, controlling and financial, accounting and tax consulting. The study is focused and profiled, especially with regard to the acquisition of knowledge required for obtaining certification from the globally recognized professional associations CFA (Certified Financial Analyst) and ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants).
Graduates of the program will be equipped with the necessary knowledge and practical skills so that they are able to independently solve problems and understand current trends in the field of financial consulting, creation and management of investment portfolios, controlling and financial reporting, financial management of companies, accounting and taxes. These skills will be acquired and verified during the course of study as part of practical teaching and professional experience. The structure of the program is designed to provide graduates with the necessary knowledge to successfully pass the first and second levels of the exam within the CFA program as well as to obtain the Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business within the ACCA qualification.
The goal of the study is mainly the acquisition of knowledge in the areas of:
- Financial Reporting and Financial Analysis,
- Corporate Finance,
- Portfolio Management and Investment Instruments,
- Financial and Managerial Accounting,
- Managerial Economics,
- Professional Ethical Standards.
Graduates will gain skills and be able to:
- Demonstrate Knowledge of Financial Reporting Procedures and Analyze Reported Company Results in Connection With Economic Reality,
- Apply Basic Quantitative Methods in Financial Decision-making,
- Orient Yourself in Financial and Managerial Accounting,
- Understand the Principles of Taxation,
- Evaluate the Company's Financial Performance in Connection With Corporate Governance,
- Understand the Basics of Portfolio and Risk Management, Including Planning and Creation of Investment Portfolios,
- Demonstrate Practical Knowledge in the Field of Derivatives and Alternative Investments,
- Describe and Apply the Basic Valuation Models of Companies,
- Understand Professional Ethical Standards.
Graduate's general competence
Graduates are prepared as bachelors with a professional and applied foundation in the field of financial and accounting consulting. The basis is knowledge of mathematics, statistics, and quantitative methods in finance, which are followed by professional and practical knowledge in the fields of finance, accounting, and capital markets. A bachelor's degree graduate is therefore qualified as a professionally educated financial expert who can work especially in the field of financial and accounting consultancy.
Students of the professional bachelor's field of study are able to:
- Make Independent and Responsible Decisions in Only Partially Known Contexts Based on a Framework Assignment,
- Systematic Thinking and Work With Professional Financial Concepts,
- Manage and Coordinate the Team and Use the Theoretical Knowledge of the Field to Acquire Additional Professional
- Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies of Other Team Members, Define Assignments for Professional Activities, and Bear Final
- Responsibility for the Results of Teamwork,
- Include Consideration of Their Ethical Dimension in the Solution of Financial Problems,
- Communicate Information About the Nature of Professional Problems and One's Own Opinion on Their Solution to Experts and Laymen in an Understandable and Convincing Manner,
- Clearly Summarize the Opinions of Other Team Members,
- Independently Acquire Additional Professional Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies Based Mainly on Practical Experience and Its Evaluation, but Also by Independent Study of Theoretical Knowledge of the Field.
Program Tuition Fee
The study is designed so that graduates find employment in multinational financial consulting firms, investment funds, and financial institutions, in financial and management bodies of manufacturing and commercial enterprises, and as accountants and tax advisors.
Typical job positions:
- Financial analyst,
- Investment broker,
- Investment advisor,
- Financial advisor,
- Manager of investment portfolios,
- Financial controller,
- Financial manager,
- Tax advisor.
- Risk Manager and Product Manager in Insurance and Banking
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Manager (higher level of management) in the companies and financial institutions
- Manager and Risk Management Specialist
- Financial and economic analysis of investment projects
- Orientation in the field of indirect taxes
- Knowledge of economics and financial management
- Knowledge of financial accounting
- Knowledge of monetary policy, financial markets, and corporate finance
- Orientation in the field of direct taxes
- Orientation in the field of financial accounting
- Business financial management
- Orientation in the field of financial reporting and financial analysis
- Knowledge of business ethics
- Knowledge of managerial accounting
- Ability to make financial decisions
- Knowledge of financial analysis
- Knowledge of financial accounting and taxes
- Creating an economic analysis of the company
- Analytical skills
- Orientation in the field of managerial accounting
- Knowledge of accounting, financial statements, and taxes
- Knowledge of financial calculations and pricing
- Knowledge of investment decisions