Bachelor in Economics and Management
University of Parma
Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
The Degree Course in Economics and Management intends to provide its students with knowledge and skills useful in understanding business management, following several profiles and areas of application.
This Course is the reorganization of the previous ones, i.e. Business Management, Economics and Finance, Economics and Management and Economics and Management.
Therefore, the Degree Course in Economics and Management is, first and foremost, a full heir of the aforementioned Degree Courses. The specific opportunities for further study in some field of Economics the other courses offered are renewed through the activation of specific curricula.
Students have to choose the curriculum they want to attend upon their enrolment in the second year, as follows:
- The curriculum in Business Economics (CLEA, from its Italian acronym) intends to educate and train its students and graduates to be professionals having specific skills in business management, especially concerning management and ICT systems.
- The curriculum in Economics and Finance (CLEF, from its Italian acronym ) intends to educate and train its students and graduates in all those specific skills needed to manage those businesses and companies active in financial brokering and markets, as well as in those competencies needed to manage companies in other business sectors.
- The curriculum in Economics and Internationalization (CLEI, from its Italian acronym) intends to provide its students and graduates with those competencies and concepts allowing them to operate in multinational companies, in undertakings involved in import-export activities, as well as in international organizations.
- The curriculum in Economics and Marketing (CLEM, from its Italian acronym) intends to provide its students and graduates with knowledge allowing them to understand, analyse and manage those business and market policies public and private organizations, as well as industrial, commercial and service-based undertakings operating in free-market conditions carry out.
- The curriculum in Economics and New Digital Technologies (CLED, from its Italian acronym) imparts its students and graduates knowledge and competences useful in making the most of the most advanced digital technologies in those fields and areas the CLEM Course proposes, proving to be interdisciplinary.
Double Degree options
The Degree Course in Economics and Management offers its students a double degree option, carried out in collaboration with Bochum University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
What to expect upon graduation
Graduates in the CLEF curriculum - can reach the following specific professional outcomes: business administration in companies, business consulting in both ordinary and extraordinary enterprise operations; operational roles in import-export businesses, multinational companies or international organizations; operational roles in financial institutions or on the financial management of industrial and commercial businesses, as well as operational roles in management.
Graduates in the CLEI curriculum - can reach the following specific professional outcomes: operational and management roles in service-based companies, in undertakings being active in import-export, within multinational or international organizations, as well as operational and management roles in research institutions.
Graduates in CLAM curriculum - can reach positions of responsibility in marketing, sales, commercial areas and in logistics in all those businesses active in production, supply and services. The multidisciplinary base graduates build up during this Course is also able to foster their professional growth towards positions of responsibility. Advertising companies, research institutes and consulting firms are further relevant positions.
Specific examples of professional outcomes for graduates in the CLAM curriculum- can be the following: operational roles within companies active in import-export, in multinational companies or in international organizations, strategic and operational roles within consumer marketing and trade marketing, operational roles in buying, sales and logistics, as well as in planning and implementing the internal and external communication activities for companies, as well as selecting sales and marketing channels.
Graduates in the CLED curriculum - are able to use the most recent advances in the field of Information and Communication technology, applying interdisciplinary elements to the several competences they can gain in Economics and Management, making the most of the fact that the CLED curriculum is based, first and foremost, on the following areas: innovation in the digital era, the new approaches in marketing and in e-commerce connected with digital economy, big data, digital accounting and new banking models.