Bachelor of Business
University of South Australia
AUD 36,100 / per year
Earliest start date
- UniSA Business is in the top one per cent worldwide* and has been awarded an overall five stars for excellence in the 2020 QS Stars Ratings.
- Ranked No. 1 in SA and Top 10 in Australia for Business and Management**.
- Develop your knowledge for a successful career in business by studying a curriculum informed by the above world-class research in business and management***.
- UniSA Business is accredited by both AACSB International and EFMD (EQUIS) – the world’s leading accreditation bodies.
- Gain a solid grounding in core business concepts and tailor your studies to suit your career interests.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a broad business degree and create your own study plan based on your career goals.
- Participate in a one-year international exchange at the prestigious Rennes School of Business in Brittany, France, and receive two parchments in just three years.
- Add a 1-year master’s degree to your studies with the 3+1 Pathway to Masters package, and complete an undergraduate and postgraduate degree in just four years.
- Gain real-world experience as part of your studies through an industry internship or mentorship opportunity.
- Explore 16 other UniSA Bachelor of Business degree specialisations and transfer with study credit for most successfully completed courses.
- Choose from a number of practical-based electives including practicums, simulation projects and the entrepreneur-based course Startup Studio (delivered through the University's Innovation & Collaboration Centre) which teaches you how to bring a business concept to life.
This highly flexible degree allows you to tailor your studies to your interests and future career.
- build your own degree by completing a mix of minors (with or without electives) or sub-majors across a range of different study areas
- explore 16 other UniSA Bachelor of Business degrees across specialisations such as Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Finance, Property, Management, Tourism and Event Management, and transfer with study credit for most successfully completed courses
- complete a bachelor's degree and master's qualification in just four years with our Fast-track to Masters package
- undertake a one-year international exchange with Rennes School of Business in Brittany, France.
You can also select from several practical-based electives including practicums and simulation projects, as well as our entrepreneur-based course, Startup Studio (delivered through the University's Innovation & Collaboration Centre), which teaches you how to bring a business concept to life.
Employers look for graduates who can apply theory to real industry challenges. During your degree you can also access career-focused electives and internships to gain valuable real-world experience.
Why Bachelor of Business
The Bachelor of Business gives you a solid grounding in core business concepts and the flexibility to create your own study plan.
There are several exciting ways to tailor your degree to suit your future career.
You can choose to:
- Build your own degree by completing a mix of minors (with or without electives) or sub-majors across a range of different study areas.
- Explore 16 other UniSA Bachelor of Business degrees across specialisations such as Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Finance, Property, Management, Tourism and Event Management and more, and transfer with study credit for most successfully completed courses.
- Complete a bachelor's and master's degree in just four years with the 3+1 Pathway to Masters package.
- Participate in a one-year international exchange with the prestigious Rennes School of Business in Brittany, France, and receive two parchments after just three years of full-time study. In exchange, you will have the flexibility to specialise in Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Finance or Marketing, as well as undertake an internship in France. Upon successful completion of your studies, you will graduate with a UniSA Bachelor of Business and an International Bachelor Programme in Management from Rennes School of Business.
You can also select from a number of practical-based electives including industry internships, practicums, simulation projects and the entrepreneur-based course Startup Studio (delivered through the University's Innovation & Collaboration Centre) which teaches you how to bring a business concept to life.
UniSA Business is the only business school in South Australia accredited by both AACSB International (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and EFMD (EQUIS) – the world’s leading accreditation bodies recognising excellence in business education and research at a global level. These dual accreditations demonstrate the high standards the University holds across all areas such as teaching, student learning and research, as well as a commitment to continually improving the quality of programs.
Duration: 3 years
The degree starts with core courses in business. These will give you a solid grasp of business fundamentals such as international business, economics and entrepreneurship. There are also twelve courses that you can use to custom-build your degree. For example, you could choose to do either:
- three minors (four courses each), or
- two minors (four courses each) and four electives, or
- two sub-majors (six courses each), or
- a 12-month international exchange and four electives.
You can choose from a wide range of electives and learn more about majors, minors and sub-majors. Or you could explore 16 other UniSA Bachelor of Business degrees across specialisations such as Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Finance, Property, Management, Tourism and Event Management and more, and transfer with study credit for the most successfully completed courses.
The University's quality teaching and experiences beyond the classroom will ensure you graduate career-ready. Due to the flexibility of this degree, there are many career paths graduates aspire to – your career will depend on your specialisation. You could consider careers such as:
- Business consultant: managing consulting services to help organisations improve performance and efficiency; analysing businesses and creating solutions to help meet goals
- Marketing Coordinator: promoting products or services by developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns; tracking and evaluating performance data; coordinating events; copywriting for promotional channels
- Management consultant: offering strategic and objective advisory services to help organisations improve productivity and performance; advising on areas such as change management, financial performance, restructuring and human resources.
- Organisational change consultant: working with key executives to develop strategies and frameworks; planning, communicating and executing process improvements; facilitating a smooth transition through the change process.
- Human resources manager: designing, organising and implementing human resources strategies, policies and programs; overseeing recruitment, performance management, and learning and development
- Business adviser: working with new or established businesses; analysing business plans and financial statements; advising on investments, marketing, funding and financial trends; understanding consumer needs and how to improve profitability
- Business development manager: planning sales; managing accounts; building relationships; developing business plans and marketing initiatives
- Business owner: setting up a business or businesses; taking risks and serving as the chief decision-maker; monitoring and controlling business activities, budgets and resources
- Entrepreneur: using initiative, commercial acumen and broad-ranging business skills to develop or transform a product or service for yourself or an organisation
- Human resources adviser: advising and supporting employees about human resource-related policies and practices; coordinating recruitment and induction processes; maintaining personnel and recruitment records; researching and developing human resources policies, projects and programs
- Marketing and communications officer: implementing communication and marketing strategies; delivering public relations messages to raise organisational profile; maintaining websites and social media; proactive and reactive media duties
Scholarships and Funding
Every year, over 2,500 UniSA students are supported in their studies through scholarships and grants worth millions of dollars. Check out the scholarships below. One of them may be perfect for you.