BSc in Cyber Security and Network Administration
University of Skövde
SEK 135,000 / per year
15 Jan 2024*
Earliest start date
02 Sep 2024
* application deadline and last day to rank your courses
Digitalisation has made us vulnerable and we see an increasing number of attacks by criminals with the intention of making money or causing destruction. Cyber security is the key to protecting individuals, businesses, and society as a whole from cyber threats and cybercrimes. Study Cyber Security and Network Administration and look forward to an exciting career. During the education, you will receive several academy certificates from Cisco.
Cyber Security and Network Administration gives you the tools to implement, secure, and monitor digital systems and networks so that companies and organizations can keep their operations running securely.
The program combines network administration and server administration in both Windows and Linux environments with a clear focus on security. You will learn how to build networks and implement and manage systems as well as penetration testing and risk management. Overall, you get a unique combination of skills that prepares you for a variety of professional roles in cyber security and IT.
Collaboration with local as well as national and international actors will be an important part of the program. You will take part in study visits, guest lectures, and events. In recent years, we have visited Ericsson in Linköping, had guest lectures from the Police, and attended a security conference with Truesec. We also have an annual hacker competition in collaboration with companies in the IT industry where students compete against each other and other universities in Sweden.
The courses in the programme give you a holistic view of the field through practical and theoretical system administration courses, network courses, and security courses. The programme also includes courses focusing on administrative security and how cyber security can contribute to a sustainable society.
- During the first year of the programme, you gain basic knowledge of information security, system administration, data communication, databases, and programming.
- In the second year, you will get deeper knowledge of data communication, network security, and operating systems. The second year also introduces you to IT forensics and the work of a cyber security specialist.
- In the third year, you can study abroad or continue to immerse yourself in cyber security, risk management and wireless networks. The education ends with a degree project.
- During the programme, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with companies and other organisations to prepare you for your future professional role.
- When you finish your studies, you will have a deep knowledge of how digital systems are implemented, monitored, attacked, and protected.
Cyber security is an area with a major labour shortage in all industries, both in Sweden and internationally. According to "Cybersecurity workforce gap analysis", there was a shortage of more than 3.4 million cybersecurity workers in the world in 2022. The need is expected to increase by 26% per year worldwide, in Europe, the figure is expected to increase annually by 60%.
After completing your studies, you can, for example, work as:
- Cyber Security Analyst/Cyber Security Analyst
- IT Security Specialist
- IT Security Analyst
- Network Security Expert
- Network Technicians
- Network Specialist
- Information Security Specialist
- Cyber Security Specialist
- Red/Blue Team Member
- Cyber Intelligence Specialist
- Cyber Operations Specialist
- Digital Forensics Analyst
- IT Security Architect
- Network Security Administrator
- Network Technician
- Cyber Security Engineer