BA (Hons) Economics and Management
University of Portsmouth
Southsea, United Kingdom
3 - 4 years
GBP 9,250 / per year *
Earliest start date
* for UK/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students/EU residents | £16,200/year: international students
To be a business leader, you need to understand both how to run a business and how to make financial decisions that will keep your business profitable. This BA Economics and Management degree will give you the skills to do both.
You'll have the edge in the employment market by understanding the core elements of business, such as marketing, managing people and operations management, and a deep understanding of economic theory and practice.
After your second year, you can apply this knowledge on an optional paid placement. Previous students have worked at the Office for National Statistics, Amazon, or the Department for Energy and Climate Change.
- Benefit from expert teaching informed by our academics' close relationships with organisations such as the Bank of England and the Office for National Statistics.
- Personalise your studies to the areas of economics and business you're most interested in, whether that's sustainability, global business, financial markets or business development
- Gain a Bloomberg Certificate (a trading platform that's used by 250,000 financial service professionals) in our dedicated Bloomberg Suite
- Be employment-ready by using the same software (EViews and STATA) and the same financial databases (Eikon and S&P Global IQ) as professional economists.
- See economics and business from a different angle by spending a year abroad at a partner university in the USA, Canada, Australia, Europe or the Far East.
- Get support to set up your own business from our Entrepreneurs in Residence programme.
- Learn a foreign language as part of your degree
This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). This means that you won't have to take some of the CIMA exams if you want to be CIMA certified after you graduate. You'll have completed part of your professional qualification by doing this degree.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.