Double Degree in Civil Engineering and Engineering of Mining and Energy Resources University of Oviedo
- Recommended Baccalaureate with the University entrance test passed: Technological
- Higher education training cycle
- Access Test for people over 25, 40 or 45 years old.
- University degree
The student's profile is identified with personal aptitudes such as: capacity for observation, synthesis and analysis of the environment; interest in nature and the environment, energy and raw materials, computing and ICT, experimentation and research, ease of using spatial relationships. Planning and organization skills, teamwork and motivation for self-learning.
The Bachelor's degree in Mining and Energy Resources Engineering qualifies for the regulated profession of Technical Mining Engineer (Order CIN / 306/2009). These technicians are in charge of prospecting, exploiting, transforming and taking advantage of mining and energy resources, making the raw materials it needs available to the Company.
The Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering qualifies for the regulated profession of Public Works Technical Engineer (Order CIN / 307/2009). The areas of professional activity linked to the degree are the development and application of construction technologies and hydrology in the field of civil engineering.
Professional Dual Grade Profiles:
- Geological prospecting and research.
- Capture and exploitation of groundwater. Thermal and mineral-medicinal waters.
- Exploitation of mines and hydrocarbons.
- Design and execution of tunnels and underground works.
- Plants for the treatment of industrial minerals and ornamental rocks.
- Blasting and demolition.
- Petrochemical and carbochemical industry.
- Generation, transport, distribution and use of energy.
- Steel and metallurgical industries.
- Cement industries and concrete plants.
- Electromechanical maintenance.
- Job security.
- Management of waste and contaminated land.
- Sanitation and water supply engineering.
- Channeling and hydraulic works.
- Design and execution of maritime works. Ports and coasts.
- Design, execution and operation of transport infrastructures: roads and airports.
- Precast concrete structural elements industries.
- Project engineering and consulting.
- Public administrations.
- Teaching and / or research.
- Business Management.
The Degree in Mining and Energy Resources Engineering allows access to the University Master's Degree in Mining Engineering. The master qualifies for the exercise of the profession of Mining Engineer as established by Order CIN / 310/2009 which establishes the requirements for the verification of the official university master's degree that enables the exercise of the regulated profession.
The Degree in Civil Engineering allows access to the Master's Degree in Engineering of Roads, Canals and Ports *. The master qualifies for the exercise of the regulated profession of Engineer of Roads, Canals and Ports, in accordance with current legislation.
* Master's degree pending verification by ANECA
Characteristics of the center
Facilities and services
Classrooms equipped with a double blackboard, projector, laptop; exam room; computer rooms; library; workspaces distributed in hallways and passageways with benches, tables, blackboards and panels for free use. Laboratories, workshops and experimental spaces.
Mobility and international relations
The EPM has a very active mobility plan for its students, both to facilitate study in other countries and to promote internships in companies.
- ERASMUS agreements: Portugal, Austria, Germany, Italy, Turkey, Belgium, etc.
- SICUE agreements: Valladolid, Santiago de Compostela, Polytechnic of Catalonia, etc.
- Scholarships of Agreement with the US, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, etc.
Internships, employment and tutorial action plan
Every year, around one hundred students carry out internships in companies. Through the Open Classroom cycle, annual conferences related to the different degrees are given in which personalities of great prestige and recognition in the academic and / or professional world take part.