We bring together experts in computer science, chemistry, engineering, mathematics, physics and astronomy to deliver outstanding student education and research within the following schools.
- Chemical and Process Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Physics and Astronomy
Research and innovation
The range and scope of our research are extensive and cover all of the major engineering disciplines, mathematics and physical sciences, integrating fundamental science and mathematical modelling with the development of processes, devices and technologies that can address challenges of national and global importance.
- Explore our multidisciplinary research areas which bring together engineers and scientists to work on challenges of global importance.
- Robotics - An interdisciplinary network driving innovation in robotics research.
- Materials - The Bragg Centre aims to discover, create and design new materials.
- Data Analytics - The Leeds Institute for Data Analytics ensures a new understanding of health and behaviour from vast data collections
- Fluid dynamics - The Leeds Institute for Fluid Dynamics brings together cross-disciplinary expertise to maximise the impact of fluids research
- Medical technologies - The Medical Technologies IKC develops innovative technological solutions for improving health and restoring body function
- Functional surfaces - Scientific and engineering expertise in tribology, corrosion and surface engineering