BSc Accounting and Financial Management
University of Hull
GBP 15,400 / per year *
Earliest start date
* for EU/international students; fees for home students are £9,250 per year
Discover how the public, private and third-sector organisations are funded and accounted for, as well as how they (and their investors) manage their finances.
Learn from the knowledge and real-world experience of research-active staff who have worked in the industry and so have real-world experience.
It's a testament to the quality of their teaching that so many of our graduates go on to become accountants with the ‘Big Four’ accountancy firms: Ernst & Young, Deloitte, PwC and KPMG, or organisations such as the IMF and World Bank.
How you'll study
Throughout your degree, you’re expected to study for 1,200 hours per year. That’s based on 200 hours per 20 credit module. And it includes scheduled hours, time spent on placement and independent study. How this time is divided among each of these varies each year and depends on the course and modules you study.
6 reasons to study Accounting and Financial Management at Hull
- 95% graduate employability rating*
- Accredited by the main accountancy bodies†
- Study at an AACSB-accredited business school‡
- Opt to study abroad or go on placement for a year
- Work with data from Bloomberg and Thomson-Reuters
- 6.93% student satisfaction with learning resources^
* Percentage of students from this subject area in work or further study within six months of graduating: UK domicile full-time first degree leavers; Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey for the academic year 2016/17, published by HESA 2018
† Accredited by ACCA (also as an Accelerate Partner), CIMA (as a University Partner), CIPFA, ICAEW (as a Partner in Learning), HKICPA and CPA Australia
‡ All Hull University Business School degrees have international accreditation from AACSB, held by fewer than 5% of business programmes worldwide
^ National Student Survey (NSS) 2019
Explore the virtual tour
Your future prospects
- Finance manager
- Chartered accountant
- Chartered management accountant
- Financial analyst
- External auditor
- Bank manager
A range of employment possibilities is open to our graduates, including starting a new business. Recent graduates have found work with companies including Deloitte, Npower, the Civil Service, Asda and Deutsche Bank.