BSc (Hons) Motorsport Technology University of Hertfordshire
"Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, examinations may be replaced by an alternative form of assessment during the academic year 2021/2022. Please refer to the Programme Specification on these pages for further details."
Why choose this course?
- This B.Sc. Honours degree course in Motorsport Technology is part of a suite of automotive-related degree courses
- Involvement in Formula Student Competition from year 1 - design, build and race single-seater race car
- Excellent facilities in automotive engineering technology
- World-Class Expertise NB materials, vehicle dynamics, structural analysis, aerodynamics, and CAE
- Our B.Sc. Motorsport Technology students have previously completed work placement years at companies including VW Racing, Hyperion Motor Racing, and RP Aero Systems
- Recent Automotive Technology graduates have gone on to work at organisations including Mercedes Benz, Vantage Engineering, and Bentley Motors
- You do not need an A-level in Mathematics or Physics to gain entry to this course, you simply need the correct UCAS points and your enthusiasm for the subject
- We are members of the C.D.I.O. Initiative (Conceive Design Implement Operate), a worldwide network of academic professionals, industry representatives, and engineering leaders who have a passion for engineering education and engineering leadership. The C.D.I.O. framework has been embedded into our undergraduate degree programme, ensuring you’ll put into practice what you learn through “Design and Build” projects during your studies.
What's the course about?
Excitement, international travel, and working in a high-performing team to achieve success are just some of the major attractions of motorsport. It’s an industry that allows you to work at the cutting edge of automotive technology. This course will give you the skills necessary to support motorsport engineers as they push the boundaries and strive for optimum vehicle performance. Benefiting from world-class expertise and facilities, you’ll study a wide range of modules, including the fundamentals of the vehicle and engine design, as well as high-tech computer-aided design and manufacturing techniques. You’ll also have the unique chance to work with engineering students in designing, building, and racing a Formula Student race car.
Your main campus is College Lane
This is where the creative arts, science, and health-related subjects are based. This means you’ll share the campus with future nurses, scientists, artists, and more. You can use the common rooms to relax with friends, work out in the 24-hour gym or have a drink in our on-campus pub or cafes. We also have restaurants for you to eat in or grab something on the go. Our Learning Resources Centres are open 24/7, which means you can study whenever suits you best. Want to pop over to the other campus? You can take the free shuttle bus or walk there in just 15 minutes.
This course includes the options of:
- Work placement
- Study abroad
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.