BSc (Hons) Aerospace Technology with Pilot Studies University of Hertfordshire
"Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, examinations may be replaced by an alternative form of assessment during the academic year 2021/2022. Please refer to the Programme Specification on these pages for further details."
Why choose this course?
- This is the ideal course if you are interested in a role that combines technical knowledge with piloting
- The student with the greatest flying performance is awarded a Scholarship, to extend their pilot training after graduation
- You will have access to excellent equipment: flight simulator, wind tunnels, specialist laboratories, and CAE software
- Provides potential pilots with a high-level qualification for alternative employment in the aerospace sector
- Our B.Sc. Aerospace Technology with Pilot Studies students have previously completed work placement years at companies including Inflite Services, Virgin Atlantic Engineering, and British Airways
- Recent Aerospace Technology graduates have gone on to work at organisations including Airbus Defence and Space, Fujitsu, and Toyota
- You can gain access to this course with a broad range of entry qualifications and enthusiasm for flying
- We are members of the C.D.I.O. Initiative (Conceive Design Implement Operate), a worldwide network of academic professionals, industry representatives, and engineering leaders who have a passion for engineering education and engineering leadership. The C.D.I.O. framework has been embedded into our undergraduate degree programme, ensuring you’ll put into practice what you learn through “Design and Build” projects during your studies.
What's the course about?
As with our aerospace technology with a management degree, this broad-based aviation course has an emphasis on computer-aided engineering – including 3D modelling, computer-aided analysis, simulation, and computer-aided manufacture. You’ll develop your practical skills in workshops and well-equipped laboratories, while your piloting skills are developed in the second half of the course through the University’s flight simulators and tuition at a nationally recognised flight centre in the UK or US, at an additional cost. You’ll also take part in group work, which will enable you to develop your team-working skills and improve your employability.
Your main campus is College Lane
This is where the creative arts, science, and health-related subjects are based. This means you’ll share the campus with future nurses, scientists, artists, and more. You can use the common rooms to relax with friends, work out in the 24-hour gym or have a drink in our on-campus pub or cafes. We also have restaurants for you to eat in or grab something on the go. Our Learning Resources Centres are open 24/7, which means you can study whenever suits you best. Want to pop over to the other campus? You can take the free shuttle bus or walk there in just 15 minutes.
This course includes the options of:
- Work placement
- Study abroad
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.