BA (Hons) Business Economics
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield, United Kingdom
3 - 5 years
Full time, Part time
GBP 13,450 *
Earliest start date
* international students full time, part time £1680 per 15 credits / UK students full time £9250, part time £1155 per 15 credits / EU students full time £13450, part time £1680 per 15 credits
"Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, examinations may be replaced by an alternative form of assessment during the academic year 2021/2022. Please refer to the Programme Specification on these pages for further details."
Why choose this course?
- To receive a broad intellectual learning experience by studying economic issues within the wider political and social environment;
- to develop a critical understanding of the principles of economic theory;
- for an appreciation of different approaches to economic problems and their relevance for real-life circumstances;
- to develop the ability to apply the theories of economics to a range of decision-making problems in business;
- to become equipped with a set of subject-specific and transferable skills needed to pursue a successful career.
What's the course about?
Indicative course structure
Economics drives business, informs policy, and affects everyone’s lives. With its applied business focus, this course emphasises the economic analysis of key business functions and the industrial structure of market economies and the global environment. It will give you a detailed understanding of the principles of economics and teach you how to apply these principles to support decision-making. As well as developing an understanding of the nature of pricing, investment, employment, and many other decisions businesses have to take, you’ll have the option to study modules in marketing, accounting finance, and human resource management.
You can also study a language with this course. You can be awarded the degree ‘with language’ in the title if you choose to study a foreign language in all years of study.
Your main campus is de Havilland
You’ll share this campus with students from business, law, sport, education, and humanities subjects. The student housing is close to our Sports Village which includes a gym, swimming pool, and climbing wall. You can get breakfast, lunch, or dinner in our on-campus restaurant or bar (in the newly built Enterprise Hub) on days you don’t feel like cooking. You can also use the common room to play pool, video games or just to hang out with friends. Our Learning Resources Centres are open 24/7, which means you can study whenever suits you best. Want to pop over to the other campus? You can take the free shuttle bus or walk there in just 15 minutes.
This course includes the options of:
- Work placement
- Study abroad
- Study a language
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.