BSc in Computer Science and Engineering
University of Hartford
West Hartford, USA
Full time, Part time
USD 39,220 / per year **
Request info *
Earliest start date
* Rolling admission
** Full-time tuition per year. $45,144 for international students
About the Major
The Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) program provides a solid foundation in computer engineering combined with a strong groundwork in software design and development. Our program will give you a thorough understanding of how software is synthesized with hardware, giving you a complete understanding of how a computer works. This strong foundation will allow graduates to be able to address any computing system challenge across the software-hardware spectrum.
The following Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) describe the skills and knowledge acquired by CSE graduates:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions .
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
In addition, the ABET Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) SLOs are also acquired by CSE graduates:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
Our expert faculty support you with one-on-one instruction and academic advising.
More information is available
- Undergraduate catalog details the CSE curriculum
- International admission program on how to apply, tuition and fees, and much more
- Department of Computing Scences which houses CSE and other exciting majors
- College of Arts & Sciences whose curriculum make you develop critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills
- University of Hartford and our beautiful campus
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.