BSc Pharmaceutical and Costmetic Science
University of Bradford
Bradford, United Kingdom
GBP 9,250 *
Earliest start date
* home UK students |international: £23,290
This new program provides a high-quality education across the boundaries of pharmaceutical and cosmetic science, along with the analytical and problem-solving skills you'll need to become a cosmetologist, academic, or researcher of the future.
Throughout the course, you'll build a strong understanding of formulation science, product and process development, manufacturing, and quality assurance.
As a graduate, you will be able to:
- Confidently address the complex problems of industry, cosmetic safety, and efficacy
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of regulatory and quality guidelines
- Apply scientific knowledge to solve complex formulation, production, and packaging problems
- Adopt a holistic approach to address the challenges of the cosmetic industry and sustainable manufacturing
Alongside pharmaceutical and cosmetic science practical capabilities, the program offers opportunities to develop transferable workplace skills, including time management, adaptability, self-directed working, reflectiveness, appreciation of diversity, application of different approaches, and presentation skills.
Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Science BSc (Hons) draws on our long-established relationship with BeeVital Propolis, which will allow you to collaborate with guest industry speakers and explore site visits.
Scholarships and Funding
Every year we award numerous non-repayable scholarships to UK, EU, and international students based on academic excellence, personal circumstances, or economic hardship. For full details, visit our scholarships section.
Learning and assessment
The course will be delivered as follows:
- 60% lectures and team-based learning
- 40% practical elements in lab and manufacturing settings
Guest lectures will be delivered by experts from the industry every semester. The guest lecturers will update you on recent technologies and trends in product design.
A one-day visit to the industry will be organized in Semester Four, to provide exposure to the different unit operations, process flow, and interdepartmental working mechanisms.
Program Tuition Fee
The University is committed to helping students develop and enhance employability and this is an integral part of many programs. Specialist support is available throughout the course from Career and Employability Services including help to find part-time work while studying, placements, vacation work, and graduate vacancies. Students are encouraged to access this support at an early stage and to use the extensive resources on the Careers website.
Discussing options with specialist advisers helps to clarify plans through exploring options and refining skills of job-hunting. In most of our programs, there is direct input by Career Development Advisers into the curriculum or through specially arranged workshops.
The course is linked to the following industries and specialisms:
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Cosmetics industry
- Food and nutrition industry
- Quality control
- Product development
Possible job roles for graduates include:
- Manufacturing Assistant - £28,000
- Quality Assurance Assistant - £27,000
- Technical Sales Representative - £30,000
- Research and Development Assistant - £27,000
- Formulation Development Scientist - £28,000
- Sustainable Development Assistant - £28,000
- Herbal Cosmetics Lead (SME) - £28,000
- Business Development Assistant - £30,000
- Regulatory Affairs Trainee - £25,000
The above examples were sourced from various recruitment websites on 28 October 2022. All of the roles were based in the United Kingdom.
After graduating, you may continue to study our Pharmaceutical Technology and Medicines Control MSc.