Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering with Honours
Universiti Kuala Lumpur- UniKL
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
MYR 10,150 / per semester *
Earliest start date
* local students: RM 7,813 | international students: RM 10,150
The program aims to provide students with an excellent foundation in the core technical competencies of the disciplines: thermal and fluid sciences, solid mechanics and materials, and dynamics and control. Built upon these strengths is a very strong focus on the application of these technical abilities through our design and manufacturing project-oriented courses.
This program has obtained full accreditation from MQA and the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, natural science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization as specified in WK1 to WK4 respectively to the solution of complex engineering problems;
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, conduct research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences (WK1 to WK4);
- Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design systems, components, or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations (WK5);
- Investigation: Conduct investigation of complex engineering problems using research-based knowledge (WK8) and research methods, including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions;
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering problems, with an understanding of the limitations (WK6);
- The Engineer and Society: Apply to reason informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice and solutions to complex engineering problems (WK7);
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand and evaluate the sustainability and impact of professional engineering work in the solutions of complex engineering problems in societal and environmental contexts. (WK7);
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice (WK7);
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings;
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions;
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering management principles and economic decision-making and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments;
- Life-Long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Mechanical Engineering is a profession involving the design, development, production, management, and maintenance of machinery to fulfill the needs of modern living.
As a mechanical engineer, you would design and specify mechanical machinery, components, and tools. You could also be in charge of the technicians that will install and maintain the machinery and components. You might work in a range of industries, for example, manufacturing, construction, power, medicine and health, transport and sports. This job requires you to be good at communicating, giving presentations, and also being creative in coming up with new ideas.