Bachelor of Environmental Health (Hons) Universiti Kuala Lumpur- UniKL
This Bachelor of Medical Science Technology in Environmental Healthcare (Hons.) course is designed to prepare students for the technical and professional demands of careers dedicated to the protection of human health and the environment. This course embraces broad environmental ethics through human cooperation with nature, including a safe home and workplace, clean water supplies, safe and available food supply, waste management, and careful resource management for the future.
With the development rising and the population growing, this Environmental Healthcare course should be able to produce a highly specialized trained workforce equipped with knowledge on theory and practical aspects to protect the environment and the well-being of Malaysian citizens.
- Apply the technical and scientific knowledge to assess as well as monitor the environment and human health.
- Anticipate, evaluate, prevent and control contemporary environmental healthcare problems to prevent a recurrence.
- Conduct supervised research that identifies and analyzes critically environmental healthcare problems while providing solutions based on evidence.
- Present and utilize information and findings coherently.
- Select and apply current and available methods to solve environmental healthcare problems.
- Function effectively as an individual who possesses leadership, interpersonal and social skills while collaborating with healthcare and other professionals of all levels.
- Communicate effectively on environmental health problems with peers, healthcare professionals, stakeholders, and the community at large.
- Demonstrate sensitivities and responsibilities towards the community, culture, religion, and environment.
- Adhere to legal responsibilities, professional ethics, and norms of code of conduct in environmental healthcare practice.
- Adopt sustainable development principles in environmental healthcare solutions.
- Demonstrate management, business ideas, and technopreneurs competencies in the practice of environmental health.
- Utilize ICT and lifelong learning skills in their environmental healthcare practice.
Graduates of this bachelor's are qualified to work in the government sector (local authorities and ministries) as Environmental Health Officer or Environmental Officer and privates sector (Environmental Executive or Consultant).