Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Hons) in Railway System Universiti Kuala Lumpur- UniKL
Bachelor of Engineering Technology in Railway System's main objective is to support the shortage of highly demanding skilled workers for the rail industries. BET RS degree program is directly related to railway technology and shall support the shortage of highly demand railway technologists for our nations and global rail industries requirements. Due to the industry's requirements, UniKL is producing Hands-on engineers via High-TVET Curriculum graduates. The taught programs are delivered by academics and industrialists to blend theory with practice and produce the next generation of railway engineers and professionals. Currently, UniKL has blended in into the main group of Local and International Railway companies.
- Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to define and applied Engineering Technology Railway System procedures, processes, systems, or methodologies.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and solve broadly-defined Engineering Technology Railway System problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to their discipline or area of specialization.
- Design/ Development of solutions: Design solutions for broadly-defined Engineering Technology Railway System problems and contribute to the design of systems, components, or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Investigation: Conduct investigations of broadly-defined Engineering Technology Railway System problems; locate, search and select relevant data from codes, databases, and literature, and design and conduct experiments to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to broadly-defined Engineering Technology Railway System activities, with an understanding of the limitation.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, as members or leaders, and in diverse technical teams.
- Communications: Communicate effectively on broadly-defined Engineering Technology Railway System activities with the engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- The Engineer and Society: Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering technology practice.
- Ethics: Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and environmental context and demonstrate knowledge of the Engineering Technology Railway System and the need for sustainable development.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Engineering Technology Railway System management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team and to manage projects in multi-discipline nary environments.
- Life-Long Learning: Recognize the need for and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in specialist technologies.
- Tracks Maintenance Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Rail system Leader
- Rolling Stock Engineer
- Signaling and Communication Engineer
- Rail Engineering Assurance