Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Hons) in Manufacturing (Automotive) Universiti Kuala Lumpur- UniKL
All products from aircraft and automobiles to computers and toys must be manufactured. Manufacturing engineering encompasses the science and art of making quality products at a reasonable cost. It is a multi-disciplinary field including elements of mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, materials science, and electrical engineering. This program is a combination of manufacturing engineering and automotive engineering. During the course of the study, students will be given a solid understanding of the core areas which include:
- Manufacturing processes
- Manufacturing planning
- Quality control
- Tool design
- Computer-Aided Design
- Computer-Aided Manufacturing
- Automotive engineering
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamental, manufacturing, and automotive fundamentals to define and applied engineering procedures, processes, systems, or methodologies.
- Identify, formulate, research literature, model, simulate and solve broadly-defined engineering problems using appropriate tools related to mechatronics and automotive engineering technology.
- Design solutions for broadly-defined engineering technology problems and contribute to the design of systems, components, or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of broadly-defined problems: locate, search and select relevant data from codes, databases, and literature, design, and conduct experiments to provide a valid conclusion.
- Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools, including prediction and modeling to broadly-defined engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse technical teams.
- Communicate effectively on broadly-defined engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give/receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practice.
- Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practice.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a societal context and demonstrate knowledge of and the need for sustainable development.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of management, business practices, and technopreneurs' competencies.
- Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
Manufacturing jobs cover nearly everything involved in developing a product, from selecting the appropriate materials to choosing the correct machinery to manufacture the product. Most manufacturing engineers work for equipment manufacturers, aerospace companies, utilities, material processing plants, transportation companies, and petroleum companies. They also work with small firms, consulting practices, universities, and government research labs. Specific assignments might involve research and development, the design of equipment or systems, supervision of production, plant engineering, administration, sales engineering, and the testing and evaluation of machines and entire plants.