Bachelor in Hospitality Management Universidade Portucalense
Hospitality is a broad nomenclature, which encompasses a vast set of organizations that provide different types of services within the scope of Tourism and Hospitality. The hospitality industry is the sub-sector of Tourism that enjoys the highest visibility, both for being at the heart of tourism activities and for its direct influence on the tourism development of destination areas. In addition to the emphasis on the management of hotel and restaurant units, this degree offers broader training, focused on service management.
The Degree in Hospitality Management prepares students for a management career that will allow them to perform various functions in companies and organizations in any area of the Hospitality industry, nationally or internationally.
- Education and qualification for hotel management and direction.
- Entrepreneurship, innovation, competitiveness, and excellence in the provision of tourism and hotel services.
- Innovative and differentiated pedagogical approaches in the field of hospitality with support from the Hotel and Restaurant-School Portucalense.
Why choose this course?
The Hotel and Restaurant Industry is strongly expanding in Portugal, following the remarkable growth of Tourism. The strong tradition of Portuguese hospitality favorably positions companies operating in this area in view of global trends in the hotel and tourism sector, requiring an increasingly genuine, differentiating, and quality service. This is only possible by strengthening the skills of human resources in the areas of hospitality, management, entrepreneurship, and the development of innovative businesses.
In an increasingly competitive global market, the Hospitality industry will be required to provide a more genuine and quality service, which is only possible by strengthening Human Resources skills with regard to customer service, management, entrepreneurship, and the development of innovative businesses.
- If you are into Management;
- If you are interested in hotels, restaurants, and other food and beverages services, events, or in the tourism and leisure sectors in general;
- If you are driven by initiative, enterprise, creativity, and innovation;
- If you want a job with a high social profile in which you can interact with different audiences from all over the world;
- If you value customer service, memorable experiences, and quality and excellent services;
- If you intend to obtain complete and diversified training, based on innovative and challenging teaching-learning methods, and in close contact with business companies;
- If you seek a job with a high employability rate;
this is the degree you need!
- Fundamentals of Hospitality
- Food and Beverage Management
- Research Methods and Techniques
- Corporate Organization
- Hotel Equipment Planning and Management
- Tourism General Principles
- Company Law
- Internship 1
- English 1
- Food and Beverage Practice
- Procurement and Logistics Management
- Client Management and Protocol
- Rural Tourism Management
- English 2
- Events Organization and Management
- Organizational Psychology
- General Accounting
- Gastronomy and Wines
- Quality Management
- Accommodation Management
- Financial Analysis and Management
- Projects in the Hospitality Industry
- Service Operations Management
- Human Resources Management
- Strategic Management
- Services Marketing
- Sociology of Tourism and Consumer Behavior
- Tourism and Hospitality Law
- Internship 2
- Management of Health and Wellness Units
- Planning and Management Control
- Public Relations in Hospitality
- Seminar in Hospitality
It is intended that the BA in Hospitality Management training constitutes the necessary preparation for students to be able to:
- Develop operational activities in the hospitality industry;
- Manage operational activities in hospitality organizations in general, and more specifically, in hotels and restaurants, rural tourism business initiatives, and health and well-being organizations;
- Identify specific organizational processes in the hospitality industry and their potential for improvement, development, and business growth;
- Assess and design service standards according to relevant legislation, quality standards and internationally recognized certifications;
- Demonstrate ability to interact with international visitors and companies by improving language skills;
- Understand the legal framework for companies operating in the hospitality industry;
- Develop leadership skills;
- Successfully integrate themselves into work teams;
- Respect cultural differences;
- Express organizational citizenship and ethical behaviors.
Program Tuition Fee
With a curriculum designed towards different profiles and skills, this bachelor’s degree prepares students for a career in Hospitality Management that will allow them to perform various jobs in business companies and organizations in any field of the Hospitality industry, both at the national or international level, such as:
- Hotel and operations management in all types of units within the accommodation sector (e.g., hotels, resorts, hostels, agritourism units);
- Restaurants, Catering, and other Food and beverage services management;
- Marketing and sales operations;
- Quality management;
- Management of health and wellness units;
- Operations management in hospitals.