BSc in Tourism and Catering
University of Szeged
7 - 8 semesters
EUR 2,200 / per semester *
Earliest start date
* Application fee: 35 EUR Entrance Exam fee: 200 EUR
About the Programme
The main aim of the Faculty is to provide students with professional knowledge giving them a definite advantage on the job market, at the same time catering for the region’s demand of highly trained graduates with excellent communication skills and foreign language knowledge.
The programme provides a sound theoretical basis in tourism and hospitality for the students' future careers focusing on current tourism industry trends and on introducing the students to modern, digital and online touristic tools. It also puts an emphasis on leadership skills, regional and local marketing, country image and brand building.
- Level of the programme: Bachelor
- Duration of the programme: 8 semesters
- Registered in: EU
- Credits: 240
Scope of the Programme
- To develop young men and women into professional managers to manage all sectors of the organized economic activity.
- To equip the youngsters with conceptual and interpersonal skills and social purpose for managerial decision-making and its execution in real situations.
- To develop and encourage the entrepreneurial capabilities of the young generation to make them effective change agents.
- To meet the demand for trained and professional people in the country at the top level management of business and industrial organizations in the light of the new economic and industrial policy of the country.
- To provide a sound theoretical basis for the students future career, as well as combining theoretical knowledge with hands-on practice.
Who should apply?
The programme is intended for students who plan to pursue a Bachelor of Tourism and Catering in English by completing this four year long course.
Submitted online application form; Secondary-school certificate, a demonstrated proficiency in English (B1 level or equivalent) and a written entrance examination (Math) taken either in Szeged or abroad at a partner institution.
Candidates with a valid SAT-score in mathematics above a certain level and an acceptable English certificate (IELTS, TOEFL, etc.) are admitted without taking the entrance exam.
For more information contact Melinda Kovács via e-mail or call +36 62 546 486.
- Start of the programme: September of each year
- Tuition fee: 2200 EUR / semester
- Application fee: 35 EUR
- Entrance Exam fee: 200 EUR