BSc (Hons) Professional Policing (Accelerated)
The University of Law Undergraduate Programmes
Guildford, United Kingdom
GBP 11,100 / per year *
Earliest start date
* September 2024: UK - £11,100 per annum; International - £22,150 per annum London, £20,350 non-London
The BSc (Hons) Professional Policing - The accelerated 2-year program will provide you with a professional knowledge of the ethics, skills, and attitudes that are critical to twenty-first-century policing. The course has been designed to meet the requirements of the College of Policing National Curriculum for the role of a Police Constable under the National Policing Education Qualifications Framework. We are licensed by the College of Policing to offer the Pre-join Degree in Professional Policing - a qualification recognized by police services that is achieved prior to recruitment. A range of key topics will be studied in the area of crime, criminology, law, terrorism, associated psychology, sociology, and criminal investigation. You will also learn through realistic scenarios and the use of a crime scene suite or pop-up facilities*. The course is enriched by optional modules, giving you the opportunity to look deeper into issues such as Cybercrime or Forensic and Criminal Psychology. This course is perfect for students with an interest in working in policing, security, or the criminal justice sector, or looking to study at master's level. In the 2021 National Student Survey, The University of Law has been ranked first amongst universities in England for the category of 'teaching on my course'. We have an overall 5-star rating from QS World University Rankings and 5 stars in Teaching, Employability, Online Learning, Academic Development, and Inclusiveness. Please note: the degree has a currency of 5 years following graduation for recruitment into policing and you must still apply to the police force and satisfy their eligibility criteria. Interested students should contact the Police Service for more information. *Facilities vary by campus.
- ABB at A Level and Grade C/4 or above in GCSE English Language, or equivalent qualifications.
- Students who will be under the age of 18 but no younger than 17 at the commencement of the course are permitted.
- International entry requirements: An English language level equivalent to IELTS 7.0 or above with a minimum of 6.5 in each component.
- UK - £11,100 per annum / International - £22,150 per annum (London), £20,350 (non-London)
- Fees are locked for future study years i.e. the student will pay the same price each year.