Bachelor's Degree in Biotechnology
EUR 13,920 / per year *
Earliest start date
* Spanish: 12.300 EUR - English: 13.920 EUR
In the Bachelor’s Degree in Biotechnology, we train professionals interested in taking advantage of biological technology to produce healthier food, better medicines, new kinds of materials that are more resistant or less polluting, higher-yielding crops, renewable energy sources and even mechanisms and means of eliminating pollution.
Study for your Bachelor’s Degree in Biotechnology at a university with state-of-the-art facilities, teaching staff who are leaders in their fields of expertise, and an academic model based on experiential learning.
A curriculum designed to meet the needs of the job market.
During the first years of your bachelor’s degree, you’ll acquire more general knowledge, later deciding which area of Biotechnology you would like to specialise in with the guidance of your professors.
You’ll receive training with the latest technology in bioscience and biomedicine learning to think through Inquiry Based Learning (IBL), and learning by doing with Project-Based Learning (PBL) methodology.
More than 600 internship hours throughout the degree programme, with the possibility of early immersion in research groups guided by professionals.
- CB1: students have demonstrated knowledge and understanding in an area of study that builds on the foundation of general secondary education, usually at a level that while relying on advanced textbooks, also includes some aspects that involve knowledge acquired from the cutting edge of their field of study.
- CB2: Students know how to apply their knowledge to their work or vocation in a professional manner, and have the competencies that are usually demonstrated by preparing and defending arguments, and solving problems within their area of study.
- CB3: Students can gather and interpret relevant data (normally within their area of study) to make judgements that include reflections on relevant social, scientific and ethical issues.
- CB4: Students are able to convey information, ideas, problems and solutions to both specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- CB5: Students have developed the necessary learning skills to undertake subsequent studies with a high degree of independence.
Scholarships and Funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Program Tuition Fee
Biotechnology is one of the areas with the greatest potential for growth and employability, as can be seen in the pharmaceutical, agri-food, chemical and environmental science fields. In Spain there are more than 3,000 companies specialised in this sector - which represents 8.6% of the GDP - and demand for professionals who are well-prepared and capable of meeting the challenges ahead is high. This translates into interesting career opportunities (described below) that we will prepare you to take on in research, development, production, marketing, management and control of biotechnological products.