Bachelor of Science in Web Design and Development Trevecca Nazarene University
Trevecca’s web design and development concentration track is available to you if you are pursuing your Bachelor of Science in computer science, graphic design, or information technology. Coursework covers the development, design, and functionality of web pages and extensive lab experience prepares you to design, code, and program websites and applications of all kinds.
- Learn from faculty who possess high degrees in their fields, who have relevant and valuable real-world experience, and who make an effort to know you personally.
- Gain the skills and experience with state-of-the-art programs and technologies you need to be competitive in the job market.
- Enjoy our small class sizes and supportive campus community.
- Take advantage of incredible internships and job opportunities available in the exciting and growing city of Nashville.
What to Expect
In our increasingly digital world, businesses and organizations in nearly every field are looking for experts who can design and develop websites and applications. If you are majoring in computer science, graphic design, or information technology you can join the web design and development concentration track where you will:
- Gain a holistic understanding of the development, design, and functionality of web pages
- Develop technical and management skills from designing to coding and programming
- Learn to combine your creative and technical talents to create interactive websites and applications of all kinds
- Gain valuable hands-on learning with extensive laboratory time
Why Choose Trevecca?
Founded in 1901 and a leader in online education for more than two decades, Trevecca helps students discover and pursue an individual calling by providing innovative instruction; cultivating a supportive, Christ-centered community; and establishing relationships that open doors.
Recognized nationally and locally for academic quality, Trevecca has earned a reputation for providing the world with servant leaders, problem solvers, and difference makers. Trevecca’s holistic approach to education encompasses intellectual, social, emotional, physical, and spiritual growth.
As a Christian university, we offer programs that explore the ways faith intersects with your field of study. This means you can gain your degree in a supportive, Christian community with small classroom sizes and engaged faculty members who care about you, your faith, and your goals.
General Education Courses — 51-52 hours
- BUS 2010 Financial Stewardship 2
- COM 1010 Speech Communication 3
- ENG 1020 English Composition I 3
- ENG 1080 English Composition II: Critical Reading, Writing, and Thinking 3
- ENG 2000 World Literature 3
- HIS 1400 World Civilizations: Ancient and Medieval World 3 or HIS 1450 World Civilizations: Early Modern and Modern World 3
- HPE 1500 Introduction to Health and Wellness 2
- MAT 1080 Problem Solving: A Quantitative Reasoning Approach 3
- MUS 1500 Fine Arts 3
- PHL 2010 Introduction to Philosophy 3 or PHL 3070 Ethics 3
- PSY 2010 General Psychology 3 or SOC 2010 General Sociology 3 or
- COM 2010 Interpersonal Communication 3
- REL 2000 Introduction to Biblical Faith 3
- REL 3000 Christian Tradition 3
- REL 4000 Christian Life and Ministry 3
- SCI 1500 Life Science 3
- SCI 2600 Issues in Science 3
- Institutional Choice* 3
- Intercultural Literacy Requirement 2-3
* ECO 2000, ATH 3010, POL 2020, SWK 1200, SOC 2500, SOC 3200, SOC 3300, HIS 1400, HIS 1450, HIS 2010, or HIS 2020
- Leadership Requirement - Freshmen Only — 3 hours
- INT 1100 Life, Calling, and Purpose 3
Computing Support — 8 hours
- BUS 2300 Introduction to Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management 3
- ITI 2540 Applied Logic and Mathematics for Computing 2
- ITI 3250 Business Analytics and Intelligence 3
Computing Core — 12 hours
- ITI 2160 Foundations of Software Design and Development 3
- ITI 2170 Foundations of Web Design and Development 3
- ITI 2180 Foundations of Data and Database Management 3
- ITI 2380 Foundations of Cybersecurity and Forensics 3
Computing Domain - IS — 21 hours
- ITI 2140 Foundations of UX Design 3
- ITI 2190 Foundations of Networking Infrastructure 3
- ITI 2400/PHY 2100 Programming in Java 3
- ITI 3010 Foundations of Virtualization and Cloud Computing 3
- ITI 3150 IT Project Management 3
- ITI 3600 Information Systems in Business 3
- ITI 3800 Graphic Design and Imaging I 3
Computing Track — 12 hours
Web Design and Development
- ITI 3650 Mobile UX/UI and Front-End Engineering 3
- ITI 4400 Web Architecture and Administration 3
- ITI 4450 Advanced Web Design and Development 3
- ITI 4960 Web Portfolio Capstone Experience 3
Computing Assessment — 8 hours
- ITI 3975 Portfolio Assessment I 1
- ITI 4900 Information Technology Internship I 1-3
- ITI 4975 Portfolio Assessment II 1
- ITI 4980 Senior Seminar in Computing 3
ITI 4900: 3 hours required.
General Electives — 4-5 hours
Total Credit Hours: 120
Your bachelor’s degree combined with your web design and development concentration track prepares you to continue on to graduate studies or to enter any number of roles in one of the most in-demand parts of the IT industry.
This program prepares you to work as a front-end engineer who specializes in mobile user experience/user interface (UX/UI) design or as a database engineer who develops technical interface solutions to solve business problems. You’ll also find your degree equips you for careers in web administration, programming, design, application development, and more, giving you incredibly lucrative and versatile options.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.