Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting Trevecca Nazarene University
Trevecca’s Bachelor of Business Administration in accounting equips students with a comprehensive knowledge base to succeed in various contexts. A strong focus on technology allows students to learn and use the latest accounting software packages and spreadsheet and database programs.
- Graduate with the skills you need to be competitive in the job market.
- Connect with a strong network of accounting alumni.
- Learn from faculty who possess high degrees in their fields, who have relevant and valuable real-world experience, and who make an effort to know you personally.
- Gain access to the 40,000+ businesses of Nashville where internship and employment opportunities abound.
What to Expect
Trevecca’s accounting degree prepares you to succeed with a comprehensive curriculum and up-to-date instruction in the tools of the field. Our program emphasizes technology, allowing you to learn and use the latest accounting software packages as well as spreadsheet and database programs.
As part of our program, you’ll reap the benefits of our strong reputation. Since 1973, Trevecca has been graduating accounting professionals who rank among the best in the nation and who have an excellent job placement rate. Recent graduates have landed positions at PwC, HCA, KraftCPAs, Lattimore Black, Ernst and Young, and Surgery Partners.
Why Choose Trevecca?
Founded in 1901 and a leader in online education for more than two decades, Trevecca helps students discover and pursue an individual calling by providing innovative instruction; cultivating a supportive, Christ-centered community; and establishing relationships that open doors.
Recognized nationally and locally for academic quality, Trevecca has earned a reputation for providing the world with servant leaders, problem solvers, and difference makers. Trevecca’s holistic approach to education encompasses intellectual, social, emotional, physical, and spiritual growth.
General Education & BBA Core — 79-80 hours
Concentration — 33 hours
- ACT 3110 Intermediate Accounting I 3
- ACT 3120 Intermediate Accounting II 3
- ACT 3130 Intermediate Accounting III 3
- ACT 3310 Cost Accounting 3
- ACT 3400 Accounting Information Systems 3
- ACT 3500 Accounting Ethics, Fraud and Careers 3
- ACT 4100 Tax Accounting 3
- ACT 4200 Advanced Accounting 3
- ACT 4400 Auditing Concepts, Principles, and Procedures 3
- ITI 2020 Computer Applications Using Spreadsheets and Databases 3
- ITI 3600 Information Systems in Business 3
General Electives to total 120 — 7 or 8 hours
The required course INT 1100 Life Calling and Purpose (3 hours) is included in these general elective hours for those students who enter as first-time Freshmen (those enrolling with less than 24 hours).
Total Credit Hours: 120
With your Bachelor of Business Administration in accounting degree, you’ll be ready to excel in the job market in positions like these:
- Internal auditor
- External auditor
- Public accountant
- Management accountant
- Government accountant
- Forensic accountant
- Financial analyst
- Financial advisor
- Budget analyst
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.