Bachelor in International Tourism and Leisure
Thomas More University of Applied Sciences
EUR 1,092 / per year *
Earliest start date
* EEA students: €1092,10 | non-EEA students: €9000
Webinar Week, a week of information and inspiration!
Do you have questions about your study programme, admissions or what you can expect being a student at Thomas More?
Make a living from your lifestyle in one academic year
- Unique, full English program in Tourism and Hospitality Management to prepare you for your international future.
- Turn your passion for travel into a genuine profession in the tourism sector.
- Gear yourself up with the knowledge and skills you need to build life-changing experiences, even in today’s challenging context.
- Learn how to apply disruptive business models and innovative marketing and distribution channels to create new commercial opportunities.
- Discover solutions to reduce tourism’s social and environmental impact.
- Grow and nurture your multilingual, multicultural and multidisciplinary skills during an unforgettable international study exchange and an inspiring international internship.
- Gain a competitive advantage in the job market by building your professional network in tourism and hospitality during your studies.
- Get the flexibility to start this 6-semester program either in February or September.
Phase 1 | Here, we lay the foundations of our innovative travel and tourism program and ensure that you get a broad industry perspective through tourism, languages, management, and communication classes.
Phase 2 | From phase 2 onwards, you will further develop your commercial flair and financial insight. As well, you'll get an immersive learning experience during the courses Immersive Tourist Experiences Lab (SEM 1) and Strategic Hospitality lab (SEM2). Connecting theoretical concepts and trends with practice and within a simulated environment.
Phase 3 | During phase 3, you will get to know various players in the Corporate Travel Management sector and work on a real-life assignment during the course Corporate Travel lab. Also, you will be ready to successfully work on your bachelor project and depart on your 15-weeks international internship.
Below you can find an overview of the courses ( under reservation of changes), with the number of credits per phase. Credits express how many hours you need on average to process the subject matter (incl. lessons). Count about 25 to 30 hours for 1 study credit.
In practice/Workplace learning
Thanks to our Partners in Education network, we are privileged and able to invite top industry guest lecturers during several classes and seminars. You can learn from the experts first-hand, in the classroom, online, or during field trips.
In the last semester of your studies, you will work full-time for 15 weeks during an instructive internship abroad. This is your chance to prove yourself and build further on your network.
Yes, we care
During your time here, you can count on a whole support team to truly make you feel at home at Thomas More. Our study Counsellors, Student Services (STUVO), all of our lecturers, and many more will personally guide you to ensure that you blend in from the beginning and prosper so that we help you to deploy and nurture your talents. You will never feel alone.
Going international is key. You will have classes with students from various countries, this will help you develop intercultural and multilingual skills to be fully prepared for a fantastic international career. You can opt for ACEEPT, a short-term international project organized by and for tourism students of our international partners. You will learn even more tricks of the trade going abroad on your international study exchange and by selecting an internship that is aligned with your professional aspirations. For your international study exchange, we offer you a wide variety of 80 partner schools, within and outside of Europe, so you can really pick the right match. In the last semester of your studies, you will work full-time for 15 weeks during your international internship. ForeWe provides a jam-packed internship database or you apply for your own internship. These international experiences will help you become a true globetrotter.
Program Tuition Fee
The job of your life
You can work as an advisor, project or sales manager, marketeer, executive, supplier, or buyer in the broad tourism and hospitality industry:
- Hotels and other lodging facilities
- Tour operators & Travel Agents
- E-tourism, marketing, and distribution providers.
- Event and incentive companies
- Tourism Boards, Incoming or Destination Management Companies
- Conference or congress centers
- Theme parks, Airlines, Cruise lines
We are the only recognized IATA training center in Belgium!
Each year more than 100 Bachelor students in international tourism management and hospitality graduate from Thomas More. In addition, we also offer various IATA courses.
IATA (International Air Transport Association) represents about 240 airline carriers or 84% of all air traffic.
- Master in Tourism at KULeuven (Dutch)
- Master studies abroad
Extra bachelor in a one-year abridged program at Thomas More
- International Journalism
- International media & Entertainment Business
- International Communication and media
- International Business and Trade
- African Business Studies
Working in Belgium
International students can apply for a new residence permit status upon graduation and extend their stay in Belgium for up to 12 months to find work! Eager to launch your career in Belgium after your studies? No worries! We’re here to help you navigate the Search Year application process.