Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration - Advertising & Marketing Track Thiel College
The program provides a broad understanding of the American business system and establishes a base for good citizenship in our democratic society, as well as teaches basic business principles and fundamental skills essential for success in either a large or small business.
Led by a team of experienced faculty, students will have hands-on opportunities to work with businesses in the region to enhance their classroom experiences.
- Understand the basic business management functions.
- Develop competency in data analysis techniques, including the use of spreadsheets; and databases.
- Gain an understanding of the ethical dilemmas faced by business managers.
- Develop interpersonal skills and learn to be a valuable member of a team.
- Be prepared for entry-level employment in the field of business.
Core Requirements (All Tracks)
- ACCT 113 Principles of Accounting I
- BADM 233 Managerial Accounting
- ECON 211 Macroeconomics
- ECON 221 Microeconomics
- MATH 211 Elementary Statistics
- CIS 111 Word Processing Applications
- CIS 112 Spreadsheet Applications
- CIS 113 Data Management Applications or CIS 122 Adv. Spreadsheet Applications
- CIS 129 Fund of Info Systems
- BADM 355 Business Law I
- BADM 356 Business Law II
- BADM 374 Principles of Management
- BADM 384 Business Communication
Advertising and Marketing Track
- BADM 210 Principles of Marketing
- BADM 324 Advertising
- BADM 376 International Business or BADM 456 International Marketing
Three of the following:
- IS 140 Graphic Applications
- BADM 455 Cooperative Education
- COMM 280 Survey Mediated Communication
- COMM 282 Writing for Mass Media
- COMM 331 Intercultural Communication
- COMM 340 Public Relations
Graduates from Thiel College's business program have gone on to become successful business owners and community leaders in the local community, the western Pennsylvania region, and beyond! Whether it's becoming a Fortune 500 C-level executive, the owner of a local landscaping company, or attending graduate school, Thiel business graduates have done it all. In fact, the Arthur McGonigal Department of Business Administration & Accounting at Thiel College boasts the largest number of currently serving members on the College's Board of Trustees!
Scholarships and Funding
Thiel College offers scholarships to students for reasons such as academic success, community service or involvement, exemplary leadership, and more! The scholarships available to business administration majors are:
- The August and Susan Bamford Scholarship
- Dr. Morrison H. Beach Scholarship
- The Roger ’52 and Paula G. Blatter Scholarship
- The John T. Egbert Jr. and Phyllis Faries Egbert Scholarship
- Daniel A. Hamo Scholarship
- Huether Foundation Endowment for Business
- Helen Patterson Hill Memorial Scholarship
- Lend-A-Hand Scholarship
- The Rev. Dr. Kenneth R. May Scholarship Fund
- The Wise Family Endowed Scholarship Fund