Bachelor in Computer Science and Technology
Tecnológico de Monterrey
Earliest start date
Geeks are just one code away
Computers, smartphones, tablets… These devices have changed the lives of millions of people over the past few years, modifying their day-to-day activities with transformations that will never stop. This implies an exciting invitation for you to face these challenges by designing computer applications for a variety of fields, such as science, technology, engineering, and business, as well as for personal and daily use.
The three stages of the model
- You will open your competency file and add to it throughout your degree program.
- You will learn the foundations of the area of the Built Environment.
- You will participate in fundamental and exploration challenges from the area of Built Environment, interacting with peers from different degree programs.
- You will study general education courses, selecting them from a collection.
- You will participate in a challenge that integrates all the competencies to be developed in this phase.
- You will acquire the core competencies of your degree, in other words, those that distinguish it.
- You will participate in more focused challenges to reinforce what you have learned and broaden your basic knowledge.
- You will have the elements to decide whether to deepen your knowledge or diversify and, subsequently, build your specialization plan.
- The Tec Weeks, challenges, and overall university experiences will enrich your file.
- You have decided between diversifying or focusing deeply on your major, which you will achieve by choosing a concentration or a stay, to name a few of your options. The TEC Semester is a flexible time to start.
- You will develop the competencies related to your specialization, increasingly connected to your passions, interests, and plans.
- By passing a concentration, you will develop your competencies, and, on graduating, will be a candidate for obtaining a Diploma in that concentration, after meeting the established requirements.
How can you specialize?
Specialize in one of the different concentrations available at the campus of your choice, according to the profile you would like to develop.
Internships allow you to participate in the development of specific projects with companies, organizations, or research groups, in a context of total immersion related to a specialty field. They can be carried out locally, nationally or internationally.
Experience life outside Mexico to broaden your horizons and delve into the topics of your interest.
Courses or blocks
Choose the education units that best adapt to your objectives, enabling you to specialize in your specific interests.
Disciplinary - Delve into your field of study
- Advanced Artificial Intelligence for Data Science
- Arts and Tech Incubator
- Cyber-Physical Systems
- Data Science in Healthcare
- Digital Mindset for Start-Ups
- Epidemiology for Public Health Problem Solving
- Film Production and Direction
- Open Innovation and Technology Transfer
- Operational Evolution for Industry
- Strategic Management of Omnichannel Retail
- Systems and Technologies 4.0
- Video Game Design
Transversal - Delve into other fields of study
- Conscious Business
- Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Tools
- Design, Innovation, and Technological Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Families, Sustainability and Transcendence
- Entrepreneurship in Action
- Financial Vision for Decision-Making
- Government and Public Transformation
- Mexican Culture
- Quality of Life and Well-Being
- Social Innovation
*These concentrations are not the definitive offer and their availability varies by campus.
On graduating you will be able to work in diverse areas of an organization, such as:
- Software development and design
- Management and/or consulting in computer technologies, information technologies, or data security
- Creation of interactive applications using virtual reality and augmented reality
- Video game programming
- Design and implement computer networks for companies
- Conduct applied research on new technologies in innovation projects
Is this right for you?
If you are passionate about computers and technology and thinking about creating new programs, apps, or solutions that integrate gadgets, this is your path.
Tecnológico de Monterrey is looking for a new generation of students that have finished their high school studies and are talented, enthusiastic individuals, who are committed to the development of their environment and the wellbeing of society; people who have the potential to study an undergraduate program and become leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit, humanistic sense and competitive on an international stage.
The Bachelor in Computer Science and Technology aims to respond to the advancement of society by developing software systems that support technological innovation to improve the quality of life of society, increase the competitiveness of organizations and support the sustainable development of the country. Graduates of this program generate technological products that promote the solution of problems in everyday, scientific and industrial areas and which it integrates competencies and skills of Computer Science, Software Engineering, and Computational Infrastructure. Their strengths include the analysis, design, and implementation of algorithms, computational modeling, intelligent systems, software development, and the implementation of computer networks.
- Solve problems by generating efficient computer algorithms with computer science models and tools.
- Develop software, applying the software engineering process and quality standards.
- Implement cutting-edge computer infrastructure that meets the needs of interconnection, operation, and security informatics.
- Elective Course Mathematics and Science
- Engineering and Science Modeling
- Computational Modeling of Movement
- Computational Modeling Applying Conservation Laws
- Mathematical Thinking I
- Analysis of the Structure and Properties of Matter
- Computational Thinking and Programming
- Computational Biology Analysis
- Elective Course Humanities and Fine Arts
- Physical Experimentation and Statistical Thinking
- Computational Modeling of Electrical Systems
- Computational Modeling of Electromagnetic Systems
- Intermediate Mathematical Modeling
- Statistic Analysis
- Modeling of Engineering with Computational Mathematics
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Elective Course Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Analysis of Differential Equations
- Implementation of the Internet of Things
- Programming of Data Structures and Fundamental Algorithms
- Modeling of Minimum Systems and Computational Architectures
- Analysis of Software Requirements
- Exploration Topic
- Elective Course Leadership, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation
- Software Construction and Decision Making
- Device Interconnection
- Implementation of Computational Methods
- Elective Course Ethics and Citizenship
- Integration of Computer Security in Networks and Software Systems
- Modeling of Multi-Agent Systems with Computer Graphics
- Analysis and Design of Advanced Algorithms
- Software Development
- Professional Elective I
- Professional Elective II
- Professional Elective III
- Professional Elective IV
- Professional Elective V
- Professional Elective VI
- Elective Multidisciplinary Professional
- Development of Advanced Applications of Computer Science
- Implementation of Wide Area Networks and Distributed Services
Scholarships and Funding
Please read more on our website: https://tec.mx/en/undergraduate/scholarships