BA in Communication Studies
USD 54,440 / per year **
Request info *
Earliest start date
* November 1 — Early Action 1. November 15 — Early Decision. December 1 — Early Action 2. February 1 — Regular Decision admission application deadline; late applications welcome as space permits. March 1 — International Students
** tuition 2022-23
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
At Susquehanna, you’ll learn the foundational skills of all communication disciplines, as well as the integral theories and ethics that bind them all together. As a communication studies major, you will prepare for graduate study or a career in qualitative research, critical theory, or interpersonal communications. With plenty of on-campus media outlets, you can sharpen all your communications skills at Susquehanna.
Explore the world of communication
Gain a broad view of mass communication or target a couple of disciplines to master with the communication studies major.
- You’ll learn the principles of professional communication and digital media, media law and ethics, graphic design, and public speaking.
- You will also study the ways we communicate with each other, including group communication, intercultural communication, and listening.
With Susquehanna’s renowned study-abroad program, you won’t just learn in the classroom. You will have the opportunity to study with professional communicators and researchers. This worldly perspective will help you be a better communicator after graduation.
During your time at Susquehanna, you can practice your communication skills with our many clubs and publications.
- The Quill—student newspaper
- The Lanthorn—Susquehanna’s yearbook
- WQSU-FM—on-campus radio station
- Flagship—publication for creative work and photography
- Lambda Pi Eta—official honor society of the National Communication Association (NCA)
- Public Relations Student Society of America
- Association of Women in Sports Media
- Marketing Club
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.