Profession Bachelor in Design SMK University of Applied Sciences
Did you know that Design is one of the most versatile activities and an industry with great potential? Design studies at SMK combine design and management competencies. Here you will study the needs of customers, create products for them and learn to turn these products into reality.
We welcome applications from students from all around the world and from a wide variety of educational systems. We do not take into consideration an applicant’s race, religion, national origin, sex, or country of citizenship in determining admission to the study programs of the SMK University of Applied Sciences.
After studies you will be able to:
- be able to generate product design ideas and conceptions individually and in a team, predict implementation methods, visual resolution, and technological means, and provide clients with professional solutions to design problems, foreseeing further possibilities for the development of ideas;
- by analyzing the relationships between the designed object and the environment, you will be able to sketch product design objects, purposefully apply artistic means of expression, newly emerging media, and innovative technologies, rely on modern design practices and trends to reveal the results of professional activities in creative industries and visual culture;
- with the help of personal creative practice, you will be able to design product design objects and their systems, use advanced creative and technological tools to review design innovations at the national and international levels, and predict effective ways of presenting marketing and communication tools.
You will study:
- Design Basics
- Computer Graphics and Design
- 3D Modeling
- Design and Technology
- Materials Research and Production Processes
- Product Design Project
- Eco Design/Environmental protection
- You will be able to work in various companies requiring design: the food and beverage industry, technology companies, cosmetics industry companies, textile industry companies, medicine and beauty industry, furniture industry companies, design companies or agencies;
- Or become a design freelancer in Lithuanian and foreign creative and art incubators, and creators' associations.