B.Eng. Digital Engineering (DE)
Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology - Thammasat University
THB 99,200 / per semester *
Earliest start date
* per semester; $3,300 per semester; €3,000 per semester
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
The digital engineering curriculum is designed to prepare students for rapidly changing digital technology and its applications. Emphasis is put on the area of application software development based on new trends such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and cloud computing, as well as that of data science, including big data analytic and data modeling.
The compulsory core courses are designed to help students to:
- understand fundamental concepts related to computers and digital technology that lead to high-performance digital and information processing
- gain fundamental concepts related to management and analysis of large-scale structured and unstructured data
- know the essence of techniques that are needed for the application of digital technology to industry and business.
After gaining enough background through the compulsory core courses, the students are allowed to tailor their courses according to their personal interests. Twelve credits of elective courses, which are required for graduation, can be selected from one of these:
- Application Software Development
- Data Science
- General Digital Engineering
Structure and Components
- General Basic Courses - 30 Credits
- Major Courses - 114 Credits
- Free Elective Courses - 6 Credits
Total: 150 Credits
Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology
If your dream is to study in an international program in Engineering, Technology, or Management, SIIT is the best choice for your study and your future. Whether you plan to continue your graduate study in Thailand or abroad or to work in international organizations, you will be able to achieve your goals with the fully qualified full-time professors at SIIT. For more than 20 years, SIIT has not only produced highly qualified graduates, it also has continuously published the highest number of research papers per faculty member in the country.
Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology (SIIT), Thammasat University, was established in 1992 in cooperation with Thammasat University, the Japan Federation of Economic Organizations (KEIDANREN), and the Federation of Thai Industries (FTI). SIIT’s objectives are to produce highly qualified engineers and technologists, who are competent in advanced technology, proficient in English communication, and able to manage and carry out research in engineering and technology.
Our graduates have worked in multinational and global companies both in the private and public sectors. Those who have chosen to pursue further studies have been admitted into leading universities all over the world.
The Agreement of Admission to Major Academic Program
There are 3 fields of studies:
- Engineering: Civil Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Industrial Engineering and Logistics Systems.
- Computer Engineering and Digital Engineering.
- Management: Management Technology and Engineering Management.
All students will apply for the selection of their Major Academic Programs at the end of the first year. Successful admission to a desired major depends on a student’s grade-point average at the end of the first Academic Year, as well as the demand for the chosen program. Priority for selection will be given to students whose selection is within the field of their choice indicated at the time of admission to SIIT.
Estimated Expenses for the Bachelor’s Degree at SIIT
First semester (August-December) and Second semester (January-May)