Riga Technical University: the recognized Latvian leader on the global frontier of higher education Founded in 1862, Riga Technical University (RTU) is a well-established university that boasts a strong international profile. The oldest technical university in the Baltic states, RTU celebrated its 160th anniversary last year and has expanded into nine faculties with 61 study programs in English that offer world-class education in many high-demand career fields, including computer sciences, mechanical engineering, electronics, and material science. With an enrollment of 14,000, including 4,000 international students that represent more than 105 different countries, RTU offers a highly diverse community to students, faculty, and staff.
The RTU Advantage
- Study with RTU’s world-class faculty and take advantage of dedicated research mentors who operate at the intersection of people, information, and technology.
- Rich learning experiences that provide a broad technical education and deep subject area knowledge.
- Thriving academic community built around a dynamic campus culture.
- Transformative learning environment driven by social commitment desire to change the world.
- Enhance your global network in Riga, a high-tech hotbed metropolis with small town historical charm.
- Accelerate personal growth at a university that values originality, ingenuity, honesty, and courage.
For more than 160 years, the people of RTU have pushed the boundaries of knowledge and dared to dream. Our alumni include Nobel Laureates, Olympians, presidents, scientific pioneers, entrepreneurs, and leading-edge researchers. A lot has changed over since 1862, but throughout those years one thing has remained the same: RTU students are imaginative and innovative, leading the way to a better future. RTU students are ready for what tomorrow needs. Are you?