BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science with Foundation Year
Regent College London
London, United Kingdom
GBP 9,250 / per year
Earliest start date
The BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science with Foundation Year is the application of scientific principles to human performance via the interdisciplinary approaches of physiology, psychology, and biomechanics.
Delivered in partnership with St Mary’s University, the BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science with Foundation Year covers a range of modules that will equip you for the world of work. Physical activity and sports play a leading role in today’s global society from coaching and helping athletes recover from injury to competing in international events.
You will gain access to a faculty of industry experts and the best tutors in their academic field. Our flexible teaching delivery method allows you to decide how and when to study.
The modules cover areas such as the Physiology of Exercise, Sports Biomechanics, and Environmental Physiology. Our facilities and experienced academic tutors combined will ensure you get the most from your time with Regent College London and prepare you for your future career.
- Introduction to Research Methods and Individual Project (Core)
- Critical Skills in Science (Core)
- Chemistry of Nature (Core)
- Professional Integrity in Science (Core)
- Foundations of Life (Core)
- Principles of Physics and Mathematics (Core)
- Introduction to Research (Core)
- Physiology of Exercise (Core)
- Fundamentals of Sport Psychology and Skill Acquisition (Core)
- Functional Anatomy (Core)
- Fundamentals of Biomechanics (Core)
- Practical Field Tests in Sport (Core)
- Research Methods (Core)
- Physiology of Training (Optional)
- Social Psychology of Sport (Optional)
- Neuromechanics of Human Movement (Optional)
- Sports Biomechanics (Optional)
- Testing and Monitoring in Sport (Optional)
- Contemporary Issues in PE and Sport (Optional)
- Skill Acquisition 1 (Optional)
- Notational Analysis (Optional)
- Experience and Employment in Sport (Optional)
- Research Project (Core)
- Applied Sport and Exercise Physiology (Optional)
- Environmental Physiology (Optional)
- Applied Sport Psychology (Optional)
- Experimental Biomechanics (Optional)
- Applied Biomechanics (Optional)
- Performance Analysis (Optional)
- Professional Observation (Optional)
- Issues in Sport, Health, and Exercise (Optional)
- Advanced Skill Acquisition (Optional)
- Advanced Contemporary Issues in PE and Sport (Optional)
Why study this course?
- This course has been designed to enable you to enter an undergraduate degree even if you do not hold traditional qualifications or cannot meet the necessary requirements to enter the standard three-year degree.
- The foundation year of this degree provides you with a grounding to learn the core modules of the course, in turn, building your confidence, knowledge, and skills for further study.
- You will benefit from studying at our central London study location, with access to St Mary’s University’s long and unique association with sport that also has good access to professional sports clubs.
- Your Sport and Exercise Science degree takes our extensive experience in this area and uses it to provide an applied focus, exploring the factors that contribute to enhanced sports performance.
- A 2019 report by the Physiological Society found that students get £5.50 back in higher wages for each £1 spent on a Sport and Exercise Science degree. This would give you an extra £667,000 in earnings across your working life, compared to if you finished your education after your A Levels.
As there is a growing interest in sport and exercise science, there are increased job opportunities available. Upon graduating, you can explore a range of job roles, which include:
- Exercise physiologist
- Fitness center manager
- Personal trainer
- Primary school teacher
- Secondary school teacher
- Sports administrator
- Sports coach
- Sports development officer