Bachelor of Business Administration
Prague University of Economics and Business - Faculty of Business Administration
Prague, Czech Republic
6 - 7 semesters
EUR 2,500 / per semester
Earliest start date
Are you interested in business, management or marketing? Then come to study Bachelor of Business Administration in Prague. The study field is suitable for students with analytical thinking who are interested in the business environment, particularly for those with an emphasis on management and building companies.
During the bachelor studies, a student will be introduced to all the areas that are essential for the proper functioning of a business, e.g. marketing, logistics, corporate finance, personnel management or entrepreneurship.
The basic philosophy and values
The aim of our Bachelor of Business Administration degree is to educate analytically and socially responsible minded business professionals with a broad economic overview and a focus on managing business performance.
Type of students for whom the field is appropriate
The study field is suitable for students with analytical thinking who are interested in the business environment, particularly for those with an emphasis on management and building companies of all sizes and legal forms of ownership, industry and business sectors.
Characteristics of graduates from the perspective of the labour market
Graduates will be able to participate in the execution of economic and managerial functions at mid-management levels in companies and other institutions, where business management education is expected. They mostly start their careers at industrial enterprises, enterprises operating in the energy sector, transport and storage, trade and services or consulting firms.
The Bachelor of Business Administration degree provides graduates with a complex set of knowledge and skills, which are a prerequisite for successful future managerial work in the corporate sphere as well as banking institutions and public administration. The curriculum consists of:
- General economic base: microeconomics, macroeconomics, computer science, mathematics, statistics and law,
- Profiling subjects: business strategy, operations management, corporate finance, performance analysis, marketing, personnel management, entrepreneurship, logistics, management psychology, business ethics, etc.
The educational process is based upon modern methods of participant-centred learning complemented with case studies specially designed for undergrads. Most of the cases are prepared by the local experienced teaching faculty.
In respective areas graduates are able to:
Knowledge and Understanding
- describe the principles of linear algebra, differential and integral calculus, and controls the basic procedures for solving differential equations and linear optimization;
- explain basic mathematical and statistical and probabilistic approaches to the analysis of economic data;
- characterize the structural elements of the market economy and their interaction;
- describe the essence of the existence of organizational units and identify the basic processes that run through them (organizing, managing, financing, governing), including the associated cultural or social context;
- define all relevant environmental elements of the organization, their dynamics and influence on strategy and management of the organization;
- describe the basic frameworks, theories, models and methods for managing organizations in all phases of their life cycle;
- identify the basic principles of creating, maintaining and developing sustainable relationships with all stakeholders;
- independently search, sort and interpret economic data;
- perform basic mathematical and statistical analysis of economic data;
- evaluate strategic, marketing, financial and personal business plans according to pre-established criteria;
- lead a team that has a fairly well-defined objective;
- convincingly present own views and opinions of the team.