B.S. Secondary Biology Education
Nova Southeastern University Undergraduate Programs
Earliest start date
Excel as an Educator. Specialize in Biological Sciences
Want to infuse biology into your teaching repertoire? Nova Southeastern University’s Bachelor of Science in Secondary Biology Education focuses on developing teacher-leaders by providing them with a comprehensive set of courses specifically designed for biology instruction and a specialty component that includes a variety of science courses that comprise the content of the Florida Department of Education-approved Secondary Biology Education major. The courses are based on the Florida Standards and the current statewide assessment in biology (grades 6–12). Course content is research-based and infuses best practices in education and strategies for teaching biology.
Upon successful completion of the program, you’ll be prepared to sit for Florida state certification exams, which will allow you to teach biological and environmental courses at the middle school or high school level. Additionally, you will develop the skills to promote equity, cultural awareness, and social responsibility in diverse educational settings.
Why Should You Major in Secondary Biology Education at NSU?
- Earn a bachelor’s and master’s degree in only 4 years.
- Be prepared to sit for Florida state certification exams in biology.
- Earn a $19,000 annual tuition scholarship.
- Get a free international travel experience.
- Get job offers in one of Florida's largest school districts.
- Study such topics as human heredity, anatomy and physiology, and microbiology.