Nova Southeastern University Undergraduate Programs
Earliest start date
Your Biology Degree Comes with Many Opportunities
Dive into one of the fastest-growing areas of science. Biology is the study of life—everything from the cell structure and function of animals and plants to the protection and sustainability of ecosystems and natural resources, to medicine, including molecular and genetics research. You can focus your biology degree on a wide range of specializations that suit your interests. No matter what you choose, Nova Southeastern University’s courses in biological and physical sciences will prepare you for research, teaching, and graduate work in health professions and natural sciences.
Imagine doing research on bacterial resistance, parasitology, virology, brain structure and function, and human microbiome or shark genetics. At NSU, you can do all that and more. NSU’s B.S. in Biology offers you countless opportunities to practice hands-on research. You’ll work in lab facilities with high-tech equipment and gain access to exclusive internships that can provide useful insight into your future career. Scientific research is not only crucial for advancement in our society but is also a rewarding career for our graduates. NSU gives you an edge.
Why Should You Major in Biology at NSU?
- Hands-on, original research in the fields of biology, genetics, cell biology, endocrinology, ecology, biochemistry, and more;
- Exclusive internships and research opportunities that prepare you for graduate and professional study, career development, and responsible citizenship;
- Opportunities to present and publish research;
- Undergraduate Student Symposium and Film Festival: present your research or analytical work and have the opportunity to win an award;
- Opportunity to join Beta Beta Beta, the national biology honor society, which will open doors for more experiences and help you expand your professional network;
- Participate in NSU’s Clinic Exploration Program, which offers opportunities to shadow physicians and nurses on the job in many of NSU’s medical and health clinics;
- Biological Sciences Seminar series: learn about current research from a wide range of topics in biological sciences;
- Connect with faculty mentors and alumni who are professionals in their fields;
- Opportunity to connect with NSU’s many graduate programs;
- Beautiful South Florida environment near the Everglades National Park and Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary;
- Connect with the South Florida medical community- NSU has a medical center/teaching hospital located directly on campus.