Northwood University, International Program Center (IPC) -Ras Al Khaimah, UAE is a part of the multinational Knowledgucate Group of Institutions, headquartered in UAE. Knowledgucate owns and operates a chain of playschools, K-12 schools, Pre University Colleges, Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree colleges as well as a University in India. It also owns and operates educational institutions in UAE and the United Kingdom besides offering programmes in the Online space.
The Northwood University, International Program Center (IPC) -Ras Al Khaimah is licensed by the Academic Zone, Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone (RAKEZ), Government of Ras Al Khaimah and will offer Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) programs with four majors offered in Phase 1 which are Finance, Management, Marketing & Hospitality Management. All NU – IPC students will also have the opportunity to complete a minor in Business Analytics. Besides, it will also offer a North American transfer degree program which will allow students to begin and complete up to 2 years of their intended degree program before transferring to a US, Canadian or other institution.
NU – IPC is the first American University to seek & secure an operating license from the RAKEZ which has an established licensing regime including a comprehensive quality assurance process that all academic institutions within the Emirate must work to comply with. Western International College (WINC) is the Non- Academic Infrastructure Provider which has partnered with Northwood University, USA to be granted the license from the RAKEZ
The Northwood University International Program Centre shares space with the University of Bolton, Academic Centre – Ras Al Khaimah at a 42,000 square foot facility houses classrooms, lecture halls, office space, a library and engineering and computing laboratories. In addition our students have access to a variety of curricular & extra-curricular facilities at the campus through the long established and active Student Council. Also available are student residences providing quality accommodation and services at a reasonable price, right on site.
The Northwood Idea
Bringing the lessons of the American free-enterprise society into the college classroom.
We view a Northwood University education as an investment in your future. Any person who devotes time to a Northwood education is making a choice about gaining skills and knowledge to further his or her career.
The Value of the Idea:
Northwood graduates emerge prepared to shape their world.
We believe and teach that…
- Competitive, productive effort can overcome obstacles, solve problems and achieve goals.
- Human beings can make a difference in the world in which they live.
- Political and economic freedom are of paramount importance in releasing creativity and productivity.
- Sacrifice – savings – is a necessary prerequisite to progress.
- Equality of opportunity based on contribution and inequality of reward using the same criteria are not only appropriate but the necessary conditions, in a system not forced into conformity with some master plan.
- It is the differences among us that make us interesting and useful to each other.
- We need the freedom to fail.
- We must be free to bear the positive and negative consequences of our actions.
- In a competitive system, all who participate benefit from it.
- As a society, we cannot gain from the establishment of legal monopolies except in a very few and constrained circumstances.
- An understanding and appreciation of the arts and humanities is a primary source of human enrichment in the lives of productive human beings.
- Education is never something that one person can do to another. It is, rather, something two people do together.
Northwood University International Program Centre - RAK is accredited by Higher Learning Commission, an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Northwood University has been awarded accreditation since 1974.
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) Baccalaureate/Graduate Degree Board of Commissioners has also awarded Northwood University accreditation of its business programs.
About the Higher Learning Commission
The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) is an accrediting body that was founded in 1895 and is the largest of six institutional accreditors in the United States.
Why Northwood University - Ras Al Khaimah
- Licensed & approved by the Academic Zone, RAKEZ
- Affordable tuition fees
- Small class sizes
- Industry-Specific Curriculum
- Associate degree options available
- Faculty invested in your success
- Hostel accommodation available on campus – Separate facilities for male and female
- Student visas can be provided
- Academic merit scholarships
- Transfer options to Northwood University main campus
- Internship opportunities available
- Free transportation for the first year from Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain & Fujairah