Bachelor of Science in Industrial Design
New Jersey Institute of Technology
USD 14,789 / per year *
Earliest start date
* New Jersey residents; 30,808 USD per year for Non-New Jersey residents
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
B.S. Industrial Design
Industrial designers make stuff. They employ art, technology, and an understanding of materials to design and create products and services that meet our needs, solve everyday problems, and impact how we interact with the environment and one another.
- The Industrial Design program at NJIT engages the act of “making” within a critical and contemporary context by exploiting the possibilities of technology, addressing the needs of the 21st century, and inspiring the tools of tomorrow.
- The program’s mission is to harness the optimism, entrepreneurialism and innovation of students and faculty alike as well as the institutional commitment to research and public service for the preparation of a new generation of designers.
- The program provides educational opportunities by fully immersing students in the current use of digital tools and technologies while pursuing a progressive human-centered, interdisciplinary design approach around economic, social and environmental responsibility.
- We seek to educate product designers who see opportunities where others see problems; creative thinkers with a wide knowledge base and skill set; artists who explore aesthetics through form, color, texture and materiality; engineers who optimize user experiences by harnessing innovative materials and technologies; entrepreneurs who observe market trends, exploit innovation and protect intellectual property; manufacturers who streamline production and increase profit; environmentalists who assume responsibility for production, use and disposal of the objects created.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.