B.S. in Physics
Northeastern Illinois University
Full time, Part time
USD 29,678 / per semester *
Earliest start date
22 May 2023
* resident tuition 12 credit hours per semester: $412.20/credit hour. Non-resident tuition 12 credit hours per semester: $824.40/credit hour. Additional fees may apply
The goals of the B.S. in Physics program are to:
- Provide students with a solid foundation in classical and modern physics
- Develop skills which enable students to enter careers in business, teaching, research, and technology
- Prepare students for graduate study in physics
The program is taught by full-time faculty members who are actively engaged in research projects that offer exciting opportunities for student participation. Faculty members offer assistance to students pursuing projects on their own.
Facilities available to students include computer workstations, a BEOWULF supercomputer, a scanning tunneling microscope, a wide array of sophisticated electronic, nuclear, and optical instruments, a Mössbauer effect apparatus, a fully equipped cryogenics laboratory and much more.
- Environmental Science
The B.S. in Physics prepares you for careers in areas such as:
- Research and development
- Medicine and health sciences
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.